Looking for an old movie, can't remember the title

jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-12-05 11:36:49(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 6822
Uploads: 0

See if this rings any bell for anyone.

Movie made in 1960's to 1970's, in color.

A private detective is hired by a wealthy family to either investigate something (someone blackmailing them) or to protect one of their family member, a daughter I think.

There is a scene where the private detective and a woman were captured by some bad guys and they are locked in the indoor pool area of a abandoned health spa or something. The pool is not filled with water. The only way out is the windows up high but they can't reach them;

so the detective opens all the water, covers the drain in the floors with his and her clothes. The water reaches the top allowing them to reach the windows but they can't get the windows open, they are running out of room to breathe.

The bad guys come check on them and open the door and all the water rushes out like a giant waterfall, filling the hallway with rushing water and whatever can float, chairs, furniture, boxes. The bad guys drown. The private detective and the woman are free.

I can't remember who plays the detective and the woman.

I wanted to think it's the Tony Rome movies (Tony Rome and Lady in Cement) with Frank Sinatra but it's not, or The Detective movie also with Frank Sinatra, but it's also not that one. Or the 2 Philip Marlowe films that Robert Mitchum made (Farewell My Lovely and The Big Sleep). But it's also not those. I have all 5 of those films and I look at them and they are not the one.

I have every movie in my collection in a Word doc in alphabetical order and I went through the entire list and played several of them I thought would be the movie I am thinking of and it's not.

When you have so many movies in your collection, the longer you look at the titles on the list, the more they all starting to look the same. Not one title stands out as the one you are looking for.

Thank you.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-12-05 12:17:51(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5795

ooh could it be the Drowning Pool :)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072912/

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-12-05 14:39:09(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 6822

That's the one!

You are definitely an Angel, Ange1!

Image error

Happy Holidays TGX Peeps!!

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-12-06 05:56:29(124Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5795

jaxe wrote:

That's the one!

You are definitely an Angel, Ange1!

Image error

Happy Holidays TGX Peeps!!
aww thank you so much for the very kind words and so very happy it was the right movie :) your so very welcome too :)

Thank you and happy holidays to you and all :) :_love:_love:_love

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
ghest6EgohePosted at 2022-01-13 12:29:37(119Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: -5

Hey Thanks for this love Paul Newman films.

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:

Sitefriends