copying videos to external drive but video won't play

DCdelaCruisePosted at 2020-01-28 07:46:38(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 15
Uploads: 0

I am encountering this problem for quite some time now, everytime I transfer a complete video file from my laptop to my external hard drive, the video was completely copied and i waited for it to be finished copying but when I view it, it won't play...

I have also encountered error0x800703EE and error0x80070570 but I was able to troubleshoot this...

is my hard drive corrupted and are there programs that can help solve this??

much appreciated to those who will help...

Thank yo TGX

Post liked by - Melg:_trusted_user::_female:
Shrub:_male:Posted at 2021-01-27 10:12:51(167Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 9

I came here to ask the same question .... or a similar one.
I'm using an Android Media Player hooked up to my NotSmart old tv into which I plug an external drive with my content. (tv shows etc).
95% of the content plays but for some reason some freeze. I thought it might was a bad copy that someone uploaded or that it was too big for my setup (1080p , 4 GB movie eg.) So these days I try and download several copys of what I want to watch.

I've heard that re-installing the media player program (VLC for example) might help or the connection between the tv and android box is the culprit.

wish I could help more..... but I await the experts

Shrub

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2021-01-27 13:27:31(167Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2090
Uploads: 303

The best advice I can give is that your antivirus program or some other backup program
is interferring with your copying operation.
There is a list of possible solutions you can run through here.
https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-the-0x800703ee-error-with-external-storages/

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Shrub:_male:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-01-28 12:56:02(167Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5795

Could be some settings on VLC that might need to be changed or maybe try MKV Player :) also sorry silly question do you also clear VLC cache as i know this can even cause videos to crash or become laggy

will pm you some info and hope this helps :) good luck :) xx

Post liked by - Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:
Recluse2010:_male::_turtle:Posted at 2021-07-21 14:12:42(142Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 10
Uploads: 8

if youre saying 4gb was too big for it i think your hard drive is formatted in fat 32, reformat it to ntfs if thats the case. also run Cmd prompt in admin mode and type CHKDSK C:   the C: being the drive letter, change it to the letter of the drive youre having issues with

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2021-07-21 14:24:36(142Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 7016

looks to me like a partition/sector problem
All links sent via pm......
1- How to Fix 0x800703ee Error on Windows 10 [Step-by-Step) ..
tools you should have
2- sea tools
and 3- data life guard
i do have a few more tools for fixing externals
there paid however .....
:_:D

p.s. When transferring files also check your event viewer for ntfs errors when transferring this ensures a good transfer get a error overwrite the file  ,,
:_:D

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, MadWatchdog:_moderator:

Sitefriends