Torrent question regarding seeds

eastislandchiefPosted at 2019-03-31 14:54:42(264Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0
Uploads: 1

Hey folks!

When uploading a torrent how long do you start picking up people as seeders as it's a day now on my first torrent I've transferred well over 22gb and I seem to be the only seed in the swarm. Now I don't mind seeding this thing for a good while but I kinda expected people to do more than hit and run.

How long is enough to seed this before I can stop seeding and move onto my next release?

Post liked by - derinINTERNET:_verified_uploader::_male:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend:Posted at 2019-03-31 14:57:24(264Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 865
Uploads: 0

Depends how popular the content is i would advise uploading to other sites to https://1337x.to/ is a good choice but it takes a while to get established.

Last edited by LRS on 2019-03-31 14:58:39

Post liked by - derinINTERNET:_verified_uploader::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
DittoHead:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:Posted at 2019-03-31 14:59:28(264Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 370

eastislandchief wrote:

Hey folks!

When uploading a torrent how long do you start picking up people as seeders as it's a day now on my first torrent I've transferred well over 22gb and I seem to be the only seed in the swarm. Now I don't mind seeding this thing for a good while but I kinda expected people to do more than hit and run.

How long is enough to seed this before I can stop seeding and move onto my next release?
Unfortunately... Some do hit and run... I would seed for as long as you can, and hopefully others will pick it up and help you out...

Post liked by - B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
DittoHead:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:Posted at 2019-03-31 15:00:50(264Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 370

you may also ask for help in this thread... https://torrentgalaxy.org/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=89

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2019-03-31 18:20:38(264Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 835
Uploads: 4931

eastislandchief wrote:

Just trying to make it easy. continue reading.

Seeders: seeders are people who finish downloading the file 100% and are sharing it for download
Leechers: leechers are people who are downloading the file and sharing a small part of it at the same time
or simply you can say:
• Seeders are those who give.
• Leechers are those who take.
Until you have a torrent D/L'd to 100% you are a leech...
Leechers also share back while D/L'ing the torrent or the swarm would die a quick death.
And there are ones who downloaded and removed the torrent without seeding a torrent to a tiny percent of Ratio. It keeps sucking bandwidth until unless the required ratio gets reached.

2nd of all, why would you care of bandwidth until unless wasted (hashfails) not happening at all. You must seed a torrent with higher Ratio to keep it alive. You can limit upload speed if you are wondering to take control on bandwidth, Stopping torrent is not a solution and your torrent may die earlier.

As DittoHead:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun: said, you get help from others to help in seeding via seedboxes. and as LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend: said you can put your torrents to other sources to better torrent traffic, but as I said never stop torrents while they are getting shared or hasn't reached to required Ratio.

For myself, I have added a ratio Group of 100.050 on my seedbox, until unless torrent reached to 100 it keeps seeding once it reached to 100.050 it will get stopped automatically. 1 GB file can reach to 100.050 Ratio between 20/22 hours and it can be last with over 100 GB. and I never hear a single reporting for seeding if a torrent stopped since last month which last topped at 100.050 Ratio.
Every after 2 weeks, I rest them to ''No Ratio'' and seed them for 24 hours before adding them again to the group.

Consider Ratio, not bandwidth. and a tiny Opinion always makes a proper and complete title for a torrent, a good title sounds interesting to viewers. Example: Game Of Death 2 > Game Of Death 2 [1981] 480p HDRip x264 AC3 - TGx < this one sounds interesting when anyone first seen the title. Cheers!

Forgot to tell you, your torrent has been adopted, will seed it for a while. :)

Post liked by - DarkAngie:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
MLaussiePosted at 2021-12-05 07:37:07(124Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Can Someone give me help on getting my 'Share Ratio' to upload faster on uTorrent?
What is the best settings , I am downloading fast enough but when it comes to seeding , it is slow as.

Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-12-05 07:48:05(124Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5795

MLaussie wrote:

Can Someone give me help on getting my 'Share Ratio' to upload faster on uTorrent?
What is the best settings , I am downloading fast enough but when it comes to seeding , it is slow as.
sending a pm :)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Deep61:_moderator:, BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-12-05 08:44:33(124Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 835
Uploads: 4931

MLaussie wrote:

Just trying to keep it short and handy to newcomers as well if they want to get solution on the same subject:

Most importantly, Each file that you are downloading in uTorrent will take up a portion of your bandwidth. When more than one file is downloading at max speed, the files will take a longer time to finish. Try downloading the files one by one.

If you really wanted to help for seeding:

1. Make sure you have forwarded the port, port forwarding is must task, configure your connection with uTorrent, Here you can get almost all solutions and guide to know about common things.
2. Force your torrent client to reach the maximum share ratio, Open > uTorrent > Preference > Queuing > Seeding Goal (Default values) change it to > 250 (2.50) or 350 (3.50) as concerned 150 or max 250 enough!
3. Now Go for Fresh Torrents....(Means newly uploaded)
4. Opt for Smaller Files. ...
5. Use a higher leecher ratio than seeders.... (Ex: after refresh, 30 seed vs 1000 leech) leech > downloaders - seeds > who downloaded and helping)
6. Avoid Zero-leech torrent....(Means a torrent that have only seeds besides leech, Ex: 200 seeds vs 20 leech)
- Cross Seeds....
7. Adjust client download and upload limit....(Else leave it as it is)
- Keep the Torrent Client working....

Note: You won't seed anything that already well seeded and have 100% availability, so, Go for large/larger files with higher leech counts, or anything you wanted to seed but get the fresh torrents. That's it.

Note: If you're downloading a torrent that uploaded 1 month ago with 100 seed vs 50 leeches with higher speed or fair, remember Most of the time the remaining leech on a torrent is leechers, means those are the ones who leeching the file without completing it, they remain as leechers those who started but left in the middle without completing download, so, they will remain in leech count among those who freshly downloading, so, never trust it whether they are ongoing or lefty leechers.

I hope this info may help, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun: also sent you a PM, it will definitely fill your need :_love

Last edited by Prom3th3uS on 2021-12-05 09:16:22

Post liked by - DarkAngie:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-12-05 08:54:03(124Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5795

wow thank you so much sweetie this is awesome :) most certainly will be so helpful to anyone else too who may want to help with seeding :)
as sharing back to you wonderful uploaders is the very least we can do for all your wonderful uploads :) :_love:_love:_love

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
L4t3l4:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-02-03 14:52:05(116Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 365

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but couldn't find a specific topic.

So i want to know how to proceed if i want to reseed again the let's say tv-pack i've downloaded.

If i remove it from my torrent client and move the pack to the external hdd, how can i start seeding it again when i move it back to my computer?

The file hasn't been renamed in any way so do i need to download the specific torrent file and what i must do with the client so it starts seeding the pack in the right way ?

Thx in advance.

JFH1620:_blocked:Posted at 2022-02-03 14:54:36(116Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 355

L4t3l4 wrote:

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but couldn't find a specific topic.

So i want to know how to proceed if i want to reseed again the let's say tv-pack i've downloaded.

If i remove it from my torrent client and move the pack to the external hdd, how can i start seeding it again when i move it back to my computer?

The file hasn't been renamed in any way so do i need to download the specific torrent file and what i must do with the client so it starts seeding the pack in the right way ?

Thx in advance.
Put the tv pack back where your client downloads your stuff, get the torrent file again, add, force recheck. should be fine :_:)
Johnny

Post liked by - sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, miok:_admin:, L4t3l4:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
L4t3l4:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-02-03 14:57:29(116Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Cool ... have to try that sometime.

Big thx for the fast response. :_:)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, JFH1620:_blocked:
L4t3l4:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-02-03 15:03:54(116Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Sweet .. just tried it and got it working :_:D

Wasn't that tricky to a semi-noobie like me :_:-)

Post liked by - sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, JFH1620:_blocked:
cybioticPosted at 2023-06-12 03:26:16(45Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

So I have a seedbox that I'm more than willing to seed on but as a newbie I got told the ratio is only 1:1 when I'm more than willing for the ratio for me to be 50:1 or even 100:1. My server host doesn't care about network traffic and so my limitation is that as a person on a budget I have to rent older server boxes. Still I wish you folks could tell me a ratio instead of forcing me to delete seeds because my box got too overloaded since that will favor newer content over older (and less available) content.

EVILTEEN777:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2023-06-12 04:34:14(45Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 175
Uploads: 88

cybiotic wrote:

So I have a seedbox that I'm more than willing to seed on but as a newbie I got told the ratio is only 1:1 when I'm more than willing for the ratio for me to be 50:1 or even 100:1. My server host doesn't care about network traffic and so my limitation is that as a person on a budget I have to rent older server boxes. Still I wish you folks could tell me a ratio instead of forcing me to delete seeds because my box got too overloaded since that will favor newer content over older (and less available) content.
??? there are no rules about seeding things here on Torrentgalaxy, you can seed  1:1 or 100:1 It is entirely up to you

Post liked by - sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:

Sitefriends