Lost your codex? Ask for help here

cbarros:_male:Posted at 2024-01-02 09:05:19(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi all and Happy New Year.

I have this problem but I am not allowed to post a topic about it, I hope I dont spam here!

Lately I am downloading the NTB [TGx} releases because of the included Greek subs for my language and the quality of course.

Sometimes when the "mkv containers" are large I am trying to extract the subs and then convert the container to "mp4".

I came in front at some cases that the included subs wasn't there or was alike destroyed and conversion failures.
I am using the "HD Video Converter Factory Pro v. 24.2".

Another reason why I am converting them is that I want to avoid the transcoding while I am playing them at the smart tv from my pc via PLEX!

Thanks in advance for the support.

Last edited by cbarros on 2024-01-02 20:13:52

Post liked by - eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2024-01-02 17:06:17(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2430
Uploads: 159

cbarros wrote:

I have this problem but I am not allowed to post a topic about it, I hope I dont spam here!

Lately I am downloading the NTB [TGx} releases because of the included Greek subs for my language and the quality of course.

Sometimes when the "mkv containers" are large I am trying to extract the subs and convert them to "mp4".

I came in front at some cases that the included subs wasn't there or was alike destroyed and conversion failures.

Another reason why I am converting them is that I want to avoid the transcoding while I am playing them at the smart tv from my pc via PLEX!

You don't need to "convert subs to MP4"
The subs will play with any containered video if named the same as the file usually.
If your having trouble extracting them then i suggest using MKVToolNix....it has an MKVExtractGUI that'll let you extract all files (video/audio/subtitles/images/covers) seperately so you can encode the video then add the subs afterwards...or softcode them back on.
With HD Video Converter Factory Pro you have to make sure your not using PGS/VOB subs (subs made from images) as these only work on softcoded MKV encodes.
And make sure you check the "CLOSED CAPTIONING" option when setting your subtitles on the convertor....it is set for hardcoded by default...you can change it by clicking the "H" option next to the audio track on main convertor page.:_party (you prolly know this anyhoo:_facepalm )
Hope this helps:_pirate

Last edited by B4ND1T69 on 2024-01-02 17:06:40

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, cbarros:_male:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
cbarros:_male:Posted at 2024-01-02 20:08:07(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Hi,

thanks B4ND1T69, I am aware of the things you have described, I will try to do my job with the MKVToolNix you have suggested and see the results.

I didnt mean to convert the subs but the container, I fixed my previous post to be clear about it.

Thanks

Last edited by cbarros on 2024-01-02 20:57:17

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
cbarros:_male:Posted at 2024-01-03 10:46:46(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Hi again,

another thing I wanted to mention and ask but forgot is that if someone had those problems with the "NTB [TGx]" releases, I mean unable to extract subs or to convert the containers to "mp4".

I am talking especially from non English subs, Greek at my case, from the containers because that is where I had the problem.

Most of the times I could do it with no problems but it happened and bad from me that I didnt write down which containers was with the problem, next time I'll write it down to see f someone else can test them too.

I mention that also at my post the day before yesterday, I think none has the problems or try to do what I am doing to face it otherwise someone had have mentioned something!

Anyhow if I come again at something like that I'll report the file specific!

Last edited by cbarros on 2024-01-03 12:50:41

Post liked by - B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
cbarros:_male:Posted at 2024-02-19 17:27:44(30Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

cbarros wrote:

Sometimes when the "mkv containers" are large I am trying to extract the subs and then convert the container to "mp4".

Hi all,

coming for the post I made a while ago because I am facing the same problem!

Regarding the "NTB" uploads and as I have explained, I am extracting the subs because its more usable for me and I have to avoid some problems that they occur while playing "mkv" files at my smart TV via PLEX from PC!

I am facing again the problem that I cannot extract the subs from the following uploads, "Masters.of.the.Air.S01E01.Part.Five.1080p.ATVP.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.H.264-NTb",
all 5 episodes till now.

When I am trying to extract the subs from the mkv container its not possible!
I am usually using the "HD Video Converter Factory Pro" but it cannot find the subs at the mkv, the sofware cannot see them.
I have try the "MKVToolNix" tool also but the same.
They cannot see the subs, English, Greek or whatever its inside the container!

I have search the internet for a solution after that and I found this tool "Subtitle Edit" which can see all the subs at the mkv container finally!

With the "Subtitle Edit" tool I am able to extract the subs I want and do what I want further.

I hope that will help you if you want to do something similar as I!

Post liked by - wahlstrom, homer:_trusted_user::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
wahlstromPosted at 2024-03-12 21:04:47(26Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Hi all, I'm encoding old files to HEVC and thinking about multiple things, because I have only just learned the basic encoding stuff (read: less than basic probably).

Do I gain something if I use 10-bit? I mean if the original file is 8-bit why some ppl encode it to 10-bit, what's the benefit? All my devices play 10-bit but is there compatility issues wit 10-bit?

I'm thinking of doing something between KONTRAST and QxR when it comes to size (can't get even near their quality).

I'm using Handbrake on Macbook Air M2, command line has always been a bit hard for me to understand. Do I lose much quality by doing with Handbrake?

If I use Constant quality I get only 1 pass encoding, is it possible to have 2 pass and CBR? Or should I just use average bitrate? I'm a fan of constant bitrate in mp3's.

That leads me to audio. How does it audio quality compare with mp3's? Is 640 overkill? If I'm making a 2.0 Stereo, should I choose Surround then from the dropbox.

I hope someone could help me with these, since I can't afford to buy new HDD's all the time and I would like to do them properly and besides that I would like to learn to encode anyway. Thank you.

Rosy2955:_verified_uploader::_turtle:Posted at 2024-06-20 03:54:59(12Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 6
Uploads: 118

Hey guys, I have this project to encode content to av1, but I  have some doubts...

Usually I pick the best source, usually the best source is remux/bluray, but now some streaming services are releasing x265 with such high quality that I don't know which is the best source...

I mean, would you rather have a REMUX x264 1080p of 13.8 gb as source of episode, or a WEB-DL x264 2160p 13.5gb?

Feels strange to compare just by eye, usually I use vmaf or psnr to tell me which is the best encoding for the same source, but with different sources...

Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2024-06-20 08:10:52(12Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4455

la12rff23f3 wrote:

Hey guys, I have this project to encode content to av1, but I  have some doubts...

Usually I pick the best source, usually the best source is remux/bluray, but now some streaming services are releasing x265 with such high quality that I don't know which is the best source...

I mean, would you rather have a REMUX x264 1080p of 13.8 gb as source of episode, or a WEB-DL x264 2160p 13.5gb?

Feels strange to compare just by eye, usually I use vmaf or psnr to tell me which is the best encoding for the same source, but with different sources...
This is a personal preference..
Some like a small file, others a big file.. That goes for every part of a encode.
You can do what you like, a 1080p, a 2160p or both... It's what you want to give.

Post liked by - ExGamer:_moderator:, R34P3R:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun: