Stargate Universe

realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2024-03-16 09:17:48(6Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 390
Uploads: 0

A place to discuss all things Stargate: be it SG-1, Atlantis, Universe, film etc

I actually wanted to talk about Stargate Universe series (2009). I never watched SG-1 at the time it aired,  just a few episodes but it was actually Stargate Atlantis that got me started to watch SG-1, Anyways back to Stargate Universe (2009)  i cannot fathom how in the world this show got cancelled, i`ve watched the 2 seasons a few times over the years and recently finished it again, and once more i am left bewildered as to how this show ever got cancelled as it was soo good. Yes it is a bit darker but they are on an ancient broken down ship which perhaps sets the mood a bit darker than its previous incarnations but still this show was amazing. It ticked alot of the sci fi boxes, had lots for everyone with shades of Battlestar Galactica. I can only presume that due to the low ratings that traditional Stagate fans hated this show, and for some reason turned off other sci fi fans which is mind boggling as it was well written had a great cast, would be curious to peoples thoughts.

Post liked by - Soup:_trusted_user:, Balerion:_trusted_user::_male::_turtle:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:
Balerion:_trusted_user::_male::_turtle:Posted at 2024-03-18 20:09:28(5Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 137

For those interested watching in chronological order on the story flow:

Stargate Origins (2018)
Stargate (1994)
Stargate SG-1 (Season 1 - 7)
Stargate: SG-1 (Seasons 8 - 10) / Stargate: Atlantis (Seasons 1 - 3)
Stargate: The Ark of Truth (2008)
Stargate: Continuum (2009)
Stargate: Atlantis (Seasons 4 - 5)
Stargate: Universe (2009 - 2011)

This order is widely accepted watching order.

There were rumours on SG: Universe season 3 being planned but not verified.

MGM hold the rights to Stargate and with Amazon being it's parent company, let's hope MGM/Amazon revive the franchise.

NB: I only watched the 1st movie in 1994 + SG: Origins (becoming a fan) and not yet watched the remaining due to my previous HDD corrupted :_:(

Last edited by Balerion on 2024-03-18 20:11:06

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Saturn5:_trusted_uploader::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2024-03-19 17:39:23(5Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 109
Uploads: 30381

I've seen them all, most of them when they were originally aired.

Atm, MGM/Amazon have shown no signs of any kind of revival, or new series.

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, Balerion:_trusted_user::_male::_turtle:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Soup:_trusted_user:Posted at 2024-03-20 00:19:47(5Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 489
Uploads: 76

I always thought Stargate Universe was a thinking man's Stargate, unlike the original and atlantis which were to some degree quite tongue in cheek. And yes i was slightly miffed when it got cancelled also :_:(

Post liked by - carpenox:_trusted_uploader:, realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:
realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2024-03-23 10:07:01(5Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 390

Saturn5 wrote:

I've seen them all, most of them when they were originally aired.

Atm, MGM/Amazon have shown no signs of any kind of revival, or new series.
You would think since Jason Momoa got film famous there would be more interest in a new SG series, i`m sure his fame boosted sales/viewership of Stargate: Atlantis re-runs etc

Last edited by realityshow on 2024-03-23 10:08:49

Sitefriends