RARBG alternative

Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-08-10 09:52:53(37Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4255
Uploads: 0

jaxe wrote:

This is a fake site.

Sadly RARBG is dead. (real)

Unfortunately RARGB is alive. (fake)

Check before posting.

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, groan1234, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, hark:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, EVILTEEN777:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Deep61:_moderator:
torguserPosted at 2023-08-18 18:24:02(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0

Hello all

I am sorry if this isn't the right place, it seemed the most relevant (as I like many swooped in after the rarbg death)

I have seen a lot of comments in various torrent comments but wanted to try and get some help (for me, and the many other users having the same problems)

On my and most other similar setups (plex server on PC, plex app on LG (CX)) DV doesn't work on MKVs.  It works fine on MP4s.  It looks like there is a new encoding format or something (I have no idea how any of this works) and files are uploaded that seem to be both HDR and DV compatible as an MKV.  File plays fine, but only as HDR

I have remuxed to MP4 (I had to remove subtitles first too otherwise ffmpeg failed) and even as an MP4 and showing DoVi/HDR on Plex, it still only plays in HDR.  I have also tried directly playing via USB on the TV and still only HDR EG - https://torrentgalaxy.to/torrent/15537182/Spider-Man-Across-the-Spider-Verse-2023-2160p-WEB-DL-DDP5-1-Atmos-DV-HDR-H-265-FLUX-TGx-

So...what is the problem?  Is Plex needing an update?  Is there an option we're all missing?  Is there a simple way to convert?  Am I a big dumb dumb?

Please don't just say "buy an nvidia shield", but if you have one, do these new files play as DV for you?

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, miok:_admin:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-08-18 21:35:30(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG

torguser wrote:

Hello all

I am sorry if this isn't the right place, it seemed the most relevant (as I like many swooped in after the rarbg death)

I have seen a lot of comments in various torrent comments but wanted to try and get some help (for me, and the many other users having the same problems)

On my and most other similar setups (plex server on PC, plex app on LG (CX)) DV doesn't work on MKVs.  It works fine on MP4s.  It looks like there is a new encoding format or something (I have no idea how any of this works) and files are uploaded that seem to be both HDR and DV compatible as an MKV.  File plays fine, but only as HDR

I have remuxed to MP4 (I had to remove subtitles first too otherwise ffmpeg failed) and even as an MP4 and showing DoVi/HDR on Plex, it still only plays in HDR.  I have also tried directly playing via USB on the TV and still only HDR EG - https://torrentgalaxy.to/torrent/15537182/Spider-Man-Across-the-Spider-Verse-2023-2160p-WEB-DL-DDP5-1-Atmos-DV-HDR-H-265-FLUX-TGx-

So...what is the problem?  Is Plex needing an update?  Is there an option we're all missing?  Is there a simple way to convert?  Am I a big dumb dumb?

Please don't just say "buy an nvidia shield", but if you have one, do these new files play as DV for you?
Guess what....

BUY A NVIDIA SHIELD.... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

No seriously... Buy one... :_:-@

Just messing with you..

From what you tell us is that both pc and TV support DV...
Have you tried to play them in a different player? Not using plex.
That way you can rule out if it's a plex or not issue.
Also try to compare the media info from the old (one that worked on both pc/tv) and the ones that don't work.
Work your way down till you find the issue.

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, miok:_admin:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
torguserPosted at 2023-08-18 23:17:52(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

EDIT

I talked a lot about various things but after finding this comment

"to do a mp4 version of this MOVIE I have to remove the EL (enhance layer) from the file, this is why people call it fake dolby vision and that HDR would look beter than dolby vision without the EL. In this case it did lower the brightness and contrast"

from Freddy1714 who has been uploading some great DV MP4 stuff, i am not understanding that it is actually better to get the MKV...so i guess it is shield time

I had one befor eand hated it.  I don't have enough inputs and didn't want to add ANOTHER device, ugh

Last edited by torguser on 2023-08-19 00:53:22

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:
PhoenixRising:_kitty::_turtle:Posted at 2023-08-19 02:25:17(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 50

Im just throwing this up out there but ive seen cheap usb media players on Amazon that claim to play just about anything you throw at them. Some have decent reviews. Maybe they're junk, i dont know.

I was looking at them because my on board media player (hisense u6) does not play avi or H-265

I can convert avi and H-265 is easy enough to avoid so its not a real problem for me.
Yeah, a 45 dollar media player is probably not the answer but some people seem to like them.

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-08-19 09:21:12(36Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG

With this post on the topic discussed above I'm closing the discussion.
This is a topic that can be discussed here..

https://torrentgalaxy.to/forums.php?action=viewforum&forumid=17
If there's not a thread to post your question feel free to ask me or any of our staff to create one.

This link list all that's supported by plex it might help you sort things out before buying something.
Another option is to look for a upload that also meets your needs and that works, instead of sticking to a file which keeps causing errors.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/203824396-what-media-formats-are-supported/

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, groan1234, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, miok:_admin:
simon3333:_male:Posted at 2023-09-15 11:24:22(32Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Whatever it is, the posters are better than here ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/16hro1r

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2023-09-15 14:19:06(32Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2090
Uploads: 303

simon3333 wrote:

Whatever it is, the posters are better than here ;)
https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/16hro1r
The link that reddit links is full of TorrentGalaxy uploads so why bother ? :_facepalm

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, hark:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, miok:_admin:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2023-09-15 15:52:28(32Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 842
Uploads: 6635

Seems like its just an indexing site, I can see all my recent uploads, and S5's.
It is really fast for searching (atm), although it only seems to go back 2 years max (much less in some cases).

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
mceggnogPosted at 2023-09-27 05:56:50(30Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Does anyone know why INFINITY releases stopped a little over a month ago? I'd been relying on those for RARBG tv season replacements.

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-09-27 06:58:53(30Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG

mceggnog wrote:

Does anyone know why INFINITY releases stopped a little over a month ago? I'd been relying on those for RARBG tv season replacements.
Personal reasons I guess.

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:Posted at 2023-09-27 08:10:11(30Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 655

mceggnog wrote:

you can try indexFroggy:_trusted_uploader::_sitelover::_junkie:  the profile has RARBG uploads :_O:-D

Post liked by - mceggnog, EVILTEEN777:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:

Sitefriends