A Little Help Please

Alien4:_trusted_user:Posted at 2022-03-08 02:00:56(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 529
Uploads: 10

YoungBloodNY82 wrote:

I have a random question and I am not sure if anyone out there would know the answer but here goes nothing... lol

I am looking for a Windows 10 application that can convert H.265 videos to H.264 videos, preferably without quality loss. I see there are a number of different video converters on here, I didnt know if there was one on here that did so. Normally, I would keep the codec but my tv doesn't support HEVC 265 codec. If anyone out there could point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it. Thanks for you help on this matter.  Take care everyone! :_B)
Handbrake but as you said there are many to choose from, Handbrake will do the job with minimal quality loss if any quality loss

Post liked by - B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:, coaster:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
coaster:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-03-08 02:07:02(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 900
Uploads: 549

Alien4 wrote:

YoungBloodNY82 wrote:

I have a random question and I am not sure if anyone out there would know the answer but here goes nothing... lol

I am looking for a Windows 10 application that can convert H.265 videos to H.264 videos, preferably without quality loss. I see there are a number of different video converters on here, I didnt know if there was one on here that did so. Normally, I would keep the codec but my tv doesn't support HEVC 265 codec. If anyone out there could point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it. Thanks for you help on this matter.  Take care everyone! :_B)
Handbrake but as you said there are many to choose from, Handbrake will do the job with minimal quality loss if any quality loss
I agree what Alien said i use Handbrake all the time ,once you know how to use it ,you will find it has most of your needs ,i recommend it,yes it can be confusing (Practice makes prefect):_:D

Last edited by coaster on 2022-03-08 02:10:31

Post liked by - B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:, Alien4:_trusted_user:
Alien4:_trusted_user:Posted at 2022-03-08 02:09:36(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

YoungBloodNY82 wrote:

Maybe I should try and find a tutorial on how to use Handbrake...
PM'd you

Post liked by - B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:
Alien4:_trusted_user:Posted at 2022-03-08 23:30:26(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

i forgot to mention this > https://torrentgalaxy.to/torrent/14743282/DVDFab-v12-0-6-3--x64--Multilingual-Portable--FTUApps- is probably my favourite encoder of them all, only because i was a lazy git back then and if size wasn't a problem i.e 4gb 720's or 8gb 1080's in x264 then this is definitely the one to go for if handbrake is not for you....... I used DVDFab to encode my BluRays to 720, 1080 and even tinkered with 4K rips, hope you find a solution that your happy with

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:, miok:_admin:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-03-09 21:26:30(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2365
Uploads: 159

YoungBloodNY82 wrote:

I tried Handbrake but it's very confusing... Not very user friendly... I didnt know what to do? Lol
Yup...piddly for those not used to it:_facepalm:_:-)
You need.....Avidemux :_:O:_:-*:_:-*:_:-*
4 clicks and your done:_party:_party:_party... load your x265, select x264, select your container (usually mkv), and save your file.....same resolution, audio, quality automatically saved:_:-*:_:-*:_:-*
:_pirate:_:P

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:, PhoenixRising:_kitty::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, coaster:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
PhoenixRising:_kitty::_turtle:Posted at 2022-03-09 22:02:17(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 50
Uploads: 0

I didnt know this kind of conversion was commonly done.  Is there any  pixelation or corruption of the video, especially when there is rapid motion or high CPU usage ?

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-03-09 22:48:46(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2365
Uploads: 159

PhoenixRising wrote:

I didnt know this kind of conversion was commonly done.  Is there any  pixelation or corruption of the video, especially when there is rapid motion or high CPU usage ?
If there's non in the original x265 file then there will be non in the re-encode...(you can use a mild noise filter to neutralize any noise gained during encoding if needed....add 3 more clicks to original clicks total if used:_:D ...your upto 7 clicks now...:_:O...another 3 clicks and your a Pro :_pirate:_:P:_:-) )

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2022-03-10 23:22:19(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 842
Uploads: 6715

YoungBloodNY82 wrote:

I am looking for a Windows 10 application that can convert H.265 videos to H.264 videos, preferably without quality loss.
Just to be clear, you cannot convert from one to the other without some quality loss, thats the nature of video compression, its lossy.

PhoenixRising wrote:

High CPU wont cause that, and conversion should not "corrupt" any video (not really sure what you mean by that), pixelation will depend on what settings you choose for the output.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, PhoenixRising:_kitty::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, miok:_admin:
PhoenixRising:_kitty::_turtle:Posted at 2022-03-11 01:56:11(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 50

battlestar wrote:

YoungBloodNY82 wrote:

I am looking for a Windows 10 application that can convert H.265 videos to H.264 videos, preferably without quality loss.
Just to be clear, you cannot convert from one to the other without some quality loss, thats the nature of video compression, its lossy.

PhoenixRising wrote:

High CPU wont cause that, and conversion should not "corrupt" any video (not really sure what you mean by that), pixelation will depend on what settings you choose for the output.
I was thinking that the need for conversion in the first place was because the computer being used did not have HEVC hardware and could not play x265.

I have read that doing this can cause video issues when there is rapid motion and that your CPU would have to work harder.  
I've never tried this kind of conversion but was curious because one of my old desktops is pre HEVC.

Post liked by - Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
quiltmanPosted at 2022-03-18 02:10:32(119Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0

I have exactly the same problem in that my DVD player which I use , via USB, to my TV, cannot decode 265 , nor is there a fix for it due to its age.

I use HD Video Converter Factory - the free version and Wondershare video converter.
Both work fine. I set up the parameters I needed for my DVD player and now all I do is load my video and click "convert"!
The reason I use both is simple - HD Video Converter Free only allows 100 downloads - unlimited conversions tho', so all my youtube downloads are done in Wondershare .

videoconverterfactory

any-video-converter.com

Just noticed you seem to have sorted it! Sorry!

Last edited by RedBaron58 on 2022-03-18 02:57:46

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, YoungBloodNY82:_blocked:

Sitefriends

User Art

To submit your artwork, follow this link.