Dexter New Blood - Whats wrong with it?

realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2021-12-05 13:12:30(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 390
Uploads: 0

I`m glad Dexter is back, hopefully there will be future seasons, but is this really Dexter?

In the previous Dexter incarnations we had at least one vigilante killing per episode. We are told in the first episode of this new season Dexter has not killed for 10 years which was a little bit disappointing. Why did he choose to live in NY state and not somewhere like Alaska. Alaska would have been a better alternative place as i can imagine alot of people trying to escape their old life to start anew in Alaska leading to Dexter finding former criminals to chop up.

Whilst  i enjoyed Debra in the previous seasons, this Debra is not much fun; sure she is dead and a figment of Dexter imagination but wow if he had to put up with her nagging for 10 years its a wonder Dexter did not strap himself to his own kill table and off himself rather than to listen to her whine. I miss Harry, they could have had him for some segments and Deb for others, that would have worked!

Harrison is interesting but is this show about him? is he the New blood?  I`m waiting for Dexter to strap Harrison to the kill table and formally introduce himself ( i am not suggesting killing him) more so a friendly cut on the cheek :) " Hey kid tow the line or its garbage bag city for you" :_:P

Anyways its still early days..if anyone is enjoying the show or if u hate some aspect about Dexter First Blood  hope you can share them below.

Last edited by realityshow on 2021-12-05 13:21:36

Post liked by - Enjoyment4me:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, tg4ever:_trusted_user::_junkie:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, kentk9:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2021-12-05 15:12:36(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 842
Uploads: 6638

I watched episode 1, not bothered after that, it didnt really grab my interest.

Post liked by - tg4ever:_trusted_user::_junkie:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-12-05 16:00:15(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 930

I'm liking it so far. Plan on watching just to see what's in store. Totally loved the original "Dexter"  Interesting points you made, realityshow. 👏🏻

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:
realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2021-12-05 20:48:27(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

battlestar wrote:

I watched episode 1, not bothered after that, it didnt really grab my interest.
I can totally understand that. Episode 1 was pretty dull, usually i like to wait for the whole season to complete before i watch, then dive into it, however as a fan of the previous Dexters` i couldnt wait!, now i`m stuck waiting for the next one every week. You have not missed much even tho we upto episode 5;  it is still abit of a slog being pretty mundane.

Mclass55 wrote:

I'm liking it so far. Plan on watching just to see what's in store. Totally loved the original "Dexter"
Well it`s not a terrible series, but also not great. The previous Dexters had a sort of glam to them being that it was  Miami Metro P.D, and his job taking him to exotic/seedy locations for forensic blood splatter analysis; The past 8 seasons blood told the story, blood and how dexter interpreted the blood splatter was a REAL big part of the show; but when u take- away  some of those key elements then there is not too much Dexter remaining. I feel that this would certainly be challenging for the shows writers to uproot him to a bland less vibrate landscape so cant complain too much; i`m sure we will be curious to see where they lead us.

Post liked by - Enjoyment4me:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bloodyred:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_turtle:, Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
kentk9:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-12-05 23:45:26(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3160

Howdy realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:!

Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly. After a huge first season, it's gonna be hard to top that.

But I'm enjoying it. And there's still time for him to find the 'inner' Dexter. :_:-@

Last edited by kentk9 on 2021-12-05 23:55:10

Post liked by - Enjoyment4me:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, TimmyBoy91:_blocked:, Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
TimmyBoy91:_blocked:Posted at 2021-12-06 00:51:19(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 332

realityshow wrote:

but is this really Dexter?
:_facepalm:_facepalm

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
bloodyred:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_turtle:Posted at 2021-12-06 03:02:43(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 117

I havent watched the latest episode yet,but it seems like the outline of it is quite predictable.
Im not a fan of Deb being the "inner voice". The idea was good,but her character is not suited for it overall, and it doesnt seem to really be hitting the mark ,at least with me.
Im enjoying having the show back though,I loved the first series a lot. I think one of the things that really made us like the first series are missing in this revamp,the characters. Think of characters like Masuka,Doakes,Batista etc - they had interesting qwerks and stories to them that made you want to see more,so far the new characters dont give me that feel, they seem quite simple and one dimensional.
Ill keep watching though,because I do still enjoy the overall story

Post liked by - Enjoyment4me:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2021-12-06 23:40:52(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

bloodyred wrote:

Think of characters like Masuka,Doakes,Batista etc - they had interesting qwerks and stories to them that made you want to see more
Vince Masuka should get his own TV show!:_:P

kentk9 wrote:

there's still time for him to find the 'inner' Dexter. :_:-@
Hopefully it gets a 2nd season where Dexter can teach Harrison "The code of Harry":_:P

Post liked by - Enjoyment4me:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, kentk9:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2022-01-10 06:31:41(120Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

So you watched the finale...
:_:(:_:D:_:P:_B):_:O:_facepalm
Dang what a carwreck, the series overall was really good, and the last 2 episodes where hitting it full steam. It is crazy  that out of all the multiple outcomes the writers went for they chose that ending?!.

I was expecting Dexter to goto prison with  big fancy nation headlines, have Batista look Dexter in the eye tell him what a son of bitch Doakes murdering scumbag he is. Batista would listart ranting about donuts, and how every morning MIami Metro PD was beeing hoodwinked for years tricked by  Dexters` bearclaws and filled donuts.

Had the show been called "Dexter" like the 8 previous seasons, what they did to us all ;was rob us blind! BUT the title is Dexter New Blood.
I had already suspected that the title and the first episode would be Harrisons Story - tho we were led on by Dexter whom was mosting telling the story. Whilst i would have loved to have seen Dexter teach him Harrys` code over the course of a few more seasons, the money men at said production studio decided to blow up this lovable franchise into smithereens.  It is the end of the show for sure or is it a ploy to get a younger audience. The end titles have lots of Harrison driving with music suggesting Season 2 of new blood.

Post liked by - Mclass55:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:

Sitefriends