linux community

zeke23:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2019-05-19 17:58:09(257Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1365
Uploads: 1449

perfectstan wrote:

thank you

Post liked by - imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
zeke23:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2019-05-19 17:58:11(257Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1365
Uploads: 1449

perfectstan wrote:

thank you

Post liked by - imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
perfectstan:_male::_junkie:Posted at 2019-05-19 19:14:12(257Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 80
Uploads: 545

zeke23 wrote:

perfectstan wrote:

thank you
you're welcome.

Post liked by - imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:
telex:_blocked:Posted at 2019-08-14 10:48:32(245Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: -29
Uploads: 0

My friends, hi. How are you. I hope you are having a happy day. I have hundreds of sites. I make money on adsense. Besides, I'm a nurse. I made a site for the UK. I built sites for different countries. It's painful that I don't speak English. But it is very easy to build a site for the united kingdom. There are many non-free topics and I offer them free. Instead of fighting, there's a little bit of work. I gotta make money.

cPanel raises license fees. Now the costs have increased. I'll carry my sites vps with linux infrastructure. cPanel do not want to pay money. So I'll use debian 7.0. I'm just learning like you guys.

I bought a VPS with an Israeli location. Now the first thing I have to do is debian system. Otherwise, I can't reinstall it. Follow me and stay happy. In this context, I will teach you how to make your own vpn. You know the other vpn keeps all Log. But if you have your own vps, you will be able to produce a cheaper vpn. I LOVE TGx. This is my house.

Image error

Image error

Image error

Image error

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

If you are going to use a debian server, you need to configure it. because it is for finding new deb files. In this way, there is no problem in installation.

Quote:

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main
deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main
Image error

Image error

CTRL-O We are recording. At the bottom of the option y key. We have now updated our deb files. Let's see if it works now.

apt-get update

apt-get upgrade

Image error

yes we have commanded apt-get update and have updated it smoothly. Now let's give the other command.

PHP iNSTAL

apt-get install mysql-server mysql-client

Last edited by telex on 2019-08-14 11:38:18

battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2019-08-14 14:05:19(245Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 842
Uploads: 6632

telex wrote:

My friends, hi. How are you. I hope you are having a happy day.
Seriously, they let you back again :facepalm

You have no friends here, I would have thought that was obvious by now. 8o

Post liked by - imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, QueenB:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, LeftistDirtBag:_blocked:, Sky:_blocked:
LeftistDirtBag:_blocked:Posted at 2019-08-14 14:18:00(245Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 33

battlestar wrote:

telex wrote:

My friends, hi. How are you. I hope you are having a happy day.
Seriously, they let you back again :facepalm

You have no friends here, I would have thought that was obvious by now. 8o
agree 1,000,000%, reported. asked for the post AND the user to be removed.

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Sky:_blocked:, battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, QueenB:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:
telex:_blocked:Posted at 2019-08-15 08:38:17(244Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: -29

Use this site if you need the current DEB url. https://debgen.xyz/
You do not have to search the internet deb up to date.

Quote:

The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/https could not be found.
Problem and solution

Hi guys, I got this problem when I did "apt-get update". The solution is as follows.

Image error

Image error

Image error

Image error

Image error

Image error

Image error

sudo

This command allows a program to run with other user privileges.

It is very simple to use before you want to run the program is run by typing sudo.

# sudo programadi

Now let's look at the code we wrote at the top of our page

apt-get clean && apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y
# apt-get clean

This command deletes all of the packages that we have downloaded and installed to our local repository (to our computer) for pre-installation. This means that it does not clean installed packages, but deletes the files of installed packages.

# apt-get update

Updates the list of packages (/etc/apt/sources.list) on our computer. So it updates the package index.

# apt-get upgrade

It updates the packages installed on our computer to the most current versions by looking at the package list in /etc/apt/sources.list.

# apt-get dist-upgrade

This is a more advanced function of upgrade. It will delete the packages it deems necessary and update the packages.

The -y parameter

If this parameter is not used, some programs will ask for confirmation when updating. With the -y parameter we confirm all incoming requests so that updates will be done automatically.

I described the use of the && signs between each command in this article.

See Basic Linux Commands

Last edited by telex on 2019-08-15 10:26:09

PenguinPirate:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_sun:Posted at 2021-08-25 20:58:52(139Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 160

I see this is an old thread and a search Linux doesn't show up much results. If I'm wrong and their is a more active Linux thread here I'd love to be pointed in its direction.

I've been running Linux for a few years now, no idea, could be 5 or 10 years by now.
I got loads of help from users of KAT on installing and which distro to try.
I distro hopped from Zorin, Ubuntu, Debian, Manjaro, Arch and back to MXLinux

I jumped from Arch back to MXLinux about 2 years ago because of issues with Arch on my new laptop that I hadn't time or patience to fix.
Arch is a bleeding edge distro but requires some messing around when these new updates go wrong,
I still have Arch on an old laptop but I never get around to using it anymore.
MXLinux being based on Debian is stable but not as up to date as Arch.
Its very user friendly with apps to do everything, so much so I'd have to google commands if something went wrong,
With Arch I knew a heap of commands but I haven't used Debian in years and forgot mot of them.

I'd never have came around to using Linux except for the users on KAT, I hope this forum can be as helpful to Linux users

Post liked by - imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2021-08-25 23:13:10(139Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 842
Uploads: 6632

I run linux on all my servers (Centos) but my home PCs run Windows (7). :_B)

Post liked by - imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, GodAndUlster:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2024-04-15 16:29:49(1Wk ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3025

Notice this thread hasn't been used in a few years but but I needed somewhere to post this.

My main driver is a Win 11.  With the 24h2 update coming from Micro$oft this fall, most of the software I use to to customize my Window$ will not work to the point of getting the black screen of death.  Also you will not be able to uninstall/delete certain apps or files.  You will not be able to change the default browser from MS Edge, though you can use the browser of your choice.  If you have an older PC, you will no longer be able to do any work around to get Win 11 to work.  That's not counting the the bloatware and tracking Micro$oft will be doing.  They want you to use their OS the way they want it to.

Win 10 users that log into MS to open their Windows, at one point, will be asked to pay a yearly fee to use it.

I'm looking into changing my daily driver to Linux either to Linux Mint or MX Linux.

I already have a few old machines that have Linux on it:
My web server, which I've had since 2007, is a 64-bit HP 500-149 with 4 CPUs, MSI 2AE0 motherboard, 16 GiB of RAM runs on Linux Mint/Apache.  
My travel laptop, a Lenovo X201 Thinkpad with 8GB RAM and a 320 GB SSD runs on Ubuntu.
My troubleshooting laptop, a HP Stream with a X5-E8000 CPU, 4GB RAM, 65GB SSD and 65GB SD Card for storage, running Ubuntu with a few troubleshooting apps installed.

Looking for feedback.  Thanks.

Post liked by - EVILTEEN777:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Polleke:_trusted_uploader::_male:Posted at 2024-04-16 20:23:30(1Wk ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 56
Uploads: 341

I am on Xubuntu for almost 10 years on my laptop and desktop. And I can manage  the system by myself and when I need help there´s It's Foss Community but I visit it not s often. System is always stable like a rock and when it collapse I simple do a clean installation. Important data and downloads savead on a 2e partion and my torrent files on  external drive. So I never loose important things.
I dont't need a Windows system. Linux gives me all the tools and apps I need.
I'm very happy with it.:_:):_:)

Post liked by - EVILTEEN777:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:
imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2024-04-23 13:54:51(1Day ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3025

imonline wrote:

I'm looking into changing my daily driver to Linux either to Linux Mint or MX Linux.
Finally done it.  My daily driver is now Linux Mint as of yesterday.  No more Micro$oft Window$ in my house.
:_party:_party:_party

Post liked by - Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, 4N1N3T33N:_trusted_user::_male:

Sitefriends