BitTorrent Clients Pros and Cons

eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-02 12:03:06(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1500
Uploads: 1227

:_pirate Just thinking about migrating from Utorrent 2.2.1 to qBittorrent. Not sure if like Utorrent, qBittorrent has its best version or you just get the latest version:) :_pirate

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ExGamer:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:
kentk9:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-02 12:28:34(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3080
Uploads: 0

Howdy eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:

I've gone through a few bittorrent clients over the past 10 years, including Utorrent. A few years ago, I switched over to qbittorrent (on the advice of a friend) and never looked back. It's ad-free, it's easy-to-use and it gets regular updates (about once a month) which are small and easy to install. No headaches. No hassles. No spam. The current version, and the one I'm using is v 4.3.6.

There are other good choices out there, and everybody has a favorite.

But since you mentioned the one I'm using, here I am. :_:-)

https://www.fosshub.com/qBittorrent.html

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ExGamer:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-02 12:33:20(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1236

Qbitorrent it's the best client atm, verry good for the high speed fiber.
Also you can try Tixati.

Post liked by - Balerion:_trusted_user::_male::_turtle:, Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ExGamer:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-02 12:39:15(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 6906

qbit ,,, lite program, no ads no bullsht miners ....
been using it for years no issues
hated the main stream bit and utorrent clients ....
updates not a issue take the newest only because of all the crap windows keeps doing with there updates ....
:_:D:_pirate

Last edited by Superbikemike on 2021-08-02 12:41:18

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ExGamer:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-08-02 14:04:46(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5800

aww always been a big fan of utorrent 2.2.1 but checking through these i might actually give another client a try :) :_love:_love:_love

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, R34P3R:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, ExGamer:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:
MadWatchdog:_moderator:Posted at 2021-08-02 15:02:05(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1635

I have used almost all major clients for testing and decided to settle on qBitorrent a long time ago, never look back since, i also like Frostwire as a second option.

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ExGamer:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-02 15:09:39(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 840
Uploads: 4931

qBittorrent is a great choice, you can move forward to qBittorrent (it keeps updated whenever new version releases, else you can cancel updates), I'm using it on one of my 2nd RDP since last year, and I'm satisfied totally as it completely functional as uTorrent does!

And uTorrent 2.2.1 will be the best for me, it's main torrent client for my main RDP and home PC :)

If ads is the issue to change torrent client? Then anyone can use version 2.2.1 to avoid ads and get the best performance!

Good luck!

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ExGamer:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, MadWatchdog:_moderator:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:
bigboy12:_moderator::_male:Posted at 2021-08-02 18:14:27(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
The Axeman
Reppoints: 8931

I have always used utorrent  & was satisfied with it.Mike told me about qbit & have been using it since.Found some features that were good after Mike explained them to meas I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp with this stuff. I still use utorrent the odd time though.

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ExGamer:_moderator:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, MadWatchdog:_moderator:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2021-08-02 18:55:27(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2095
Uploads: 303

Utorrent 2.2.1 can have problems with torrents that use larger piece sizes and torrents with
very large numbers of pieces, this is an age thing.
I use Qbittorrent and Deluge, Deluge runs better on seedboxes

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ExGamer:_moderator:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, MadWatchdog:_moderator:, WildBrian:_trusted_user::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
WildBrian:_trusted_user::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-02 19:01:50(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 28
Uploads: 65

RedBaron58 wrote:

Utorrent 2.2.1 can have problems with torrents that use larger piece sizes and torrents with
Heard that too, it starts having issues with piece sizes above 16MiB.

I also use qbittorrent, and rtorrent on my seedboxes.

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ExGamer:_moderator:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, MadWatchdog:_moderator:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-03 07:23:05(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2185
Uploads: 411

Prom3th3uS wrote:

If ads is the issue to change torrent client? Then anyone can use version 2.2.1 to avoid ads and get the best performance!

Good luck!
ads can be disabled in utorrent

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, ExGamer:_moderator:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-03 17:00:36(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1500
Uploads: 1227

RedBaron58 wrote:

I just about remember, TPB having issues and would only accept torrents made with 32 bit chunks. Briefly used qBittorrent to make the .torrents and transfer them to Utorrent 2.2.1. Will definitely take a closer look:) cheers TGx, :)

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, ExGamer:_moderator:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2021-08-03 18:25:33(138Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

sherb wrote:

Prom3th3uS wrote:

Good luck!
ads can be disabled in utorrent
yes adverts can be disabled but you will notice no real change in your cpu usage.. the ads are still rolling you just dont see them anymore .... :_:O

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Garthock:_moderator:Posted at 2022-01-01 19:51:35(116Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3600
Uploads: 218

This thread got me thinking about what I was using. Tested the qBittorrent and found that it was a bit faster and seems to be easy to use. I'll keep it for a bit to see how it works long term. Thanks for the info here...

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:
Garthock:_moderator:Posted at 2022-01-13 20:25:43(115Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

So it's been about a a couple of weeks with qBittorrent and I really like it. My question is has anybody taken the new update and if so is it worth it?

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2022-01-13 20:31:12(115Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

for some it worked fine, i have a older system and yeah didnt work slowed the connection speed way down ...
went back to 4.3.8

Last edited by Superbikemike on 2022-01-13 20:31:40

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Garthock:_moderator:Posted at 2022-01-13 20:34:19(115Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Thank you, I gained speed by going with this client so I don't want to lose that. I guess the best thing would be to just check it.. My system is reletively new so maybe it will work for me. If not can do the same as you and go back...

Cheers:_:):_:):_:)

Garthock:_moderator:Posted at 2022-01-30 21:35:06(112Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I have completely converted to the qBittorrent. I did not keep the update but without it I got a higher download speed than with anything else. Thanks for this thread for without it I probably would not have even compared clients. :_:):_:):_:)

linternauta:_male:Posted at 2022-12-09 18:00:01(67Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0

rtorrent is the best torrent client/server there was or is period.

It's was designed for linux servers with no windowing system so it relays in the command line.
It's programmed in C so extremely lightweight and resource-efficient.
It has ultra-fast downloading and uploading.
It's supported by every tracker in the universe.
It's customizable to the extreme, your imagination is the limit.
It can be controlled from any other scripting or programming language available in Linux.
There are multiple web-based GUIs to control it from any OS.
Multiple utilities are available to do custom things locally in the Linux machine or from a remote OS. But if you want to access all its power you will need to use the console or ssh into the server and use the command line or write a script or program to do almost anything with it locally or remotely.

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, caaboh:_male::_turtle:
caaboh:_male::_turtle:Posted at 2022-12-09 19:30:23(67Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 21
Uploads: 90

linternauta wrote:

rtorrent is the best torrent client/server there was or is period.

It's was designed for linux servers with no windowing system so it relays in the command line.
It's programmed in C so extremely lightweight and resource-efficient.
It has ultra-fast downloading and uploading.
It's supported by every tracker in the universe.
It's customizable to the extreme, your imagination is the limit.
It can be controlled from any other scripting or programming language available in Linux.
There are multiple web-based GUIs to control it from any OS.
Multiple utilities are available to do custom things locally in the Linux machine or from a remote OS. But if you want to access all its power you will need to use the console or ssh into the server and use the command line or write a script or program to do almost anything with it locally or remotely.
Sounds interesting I'll probably take a look at it :_pirate

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
caaboh:_male::_turtle:Posted at 2022-12-09 19:52:26(67Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Uploads: 90

WHO-HO-HOAH rtorrent is running way faster than what qbittorrent was. It's kinda hard to use since it's a linux terminal program, but if anyone else tries it you can type rtorrent -h and it basically shows you everything you need. Idk if its just me but this thing downloaded like 5x as fast as qbittorrent did the last time i used it.

Screenshot:
Of course you need to be on linux or you need to use something like the git bash terminal on windows but this definetely works really well from what i can tell! :_:D:_:D:_pirate:_pirate

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2022-12-12 02:42:44(67Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 847
Uploads: 6586

rtorrent is ok for small numbers of torrents (< 1000).
Once you start running higher numbers, it goes downhill quite quickly.
Few people run it as a command line, most will encounter it via the ruTorrent front end.

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, MadWatchdog:_moderator:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-12-12 07:55:01(67Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2185

battlestar wrote:

rtorrent is ok for small numbers of torrents (< 1000).
Once you start running higher numbers, it goes downhill quite quickly.
Few people run it as a command line, most will encounter it via the ruTorrent front end.
Mine will crash with just over 200 public torrents running, no such problem with private torrents though. but I've yet to reach 1000 private torrent.

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, eyez:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, MadWatchdog:_moderator:
Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2023-02-20 21:05:02(57Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 730

I am a MAC User and for me qBittorrent is defiantly the one to use. i have tried so many and always have problems with seeding back... qBittorrent doesn't seem to have any issues. I haven't dowloaded the latest version and for me personally i use version 4.4.3.1

Thank you

:_:):_:)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Soup:_trusted_user:, Garthock:_moderator:
surferbroadband:_trusted_uploader:Posted at 2023-03-31 04:52:13(51Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I cannot log on to Bittorrent remotely anymore. Anyone know what is the problem?

Post liked by - Jase1:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, EVILTEEN777:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:

Sitefriends

User Art

To submit your artwork, follow this link.