Crop a photo then resize for the display box

loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-01 07:59:37(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 45
Uploads: 241

I have to start on this some place.

The standard IMDb image for display in description is 182 by 268

I have an image- jpg grabbed that is 779 by 820  not which is which at the moment.

The image needs to cropped left to get the proportion right.

So crop to the proportion from the left then calculate the size.

No IMDb entry for this which I found unusual

I'll mount the image at image bb and drop it in here....

Image error

ok  that shows the problem  I have to get everything on the right side where the title
is to the proportion of the display box at TGx.

Post liked by - ShhweetSkunk:_blocked:, GodAndUlster:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-05-01 12:07:53(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5800
Uploads: 0

Hi :)

sorry did you mean the cover photo? there is a feature with the bb codes which should hopefully help to crop it to your desired size :) but also paint has a  feature which allows you to resize images and really easy to use if you prefer to use that then upload xx

this is what i resized in paint :)

Image error

Post liked by - GodAndUlster:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-01 17:02:56(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Yes cover photo.

I did practice a bit with this.  As you see the process you did gave the pinched effect.

I tried a few things-- was up until 3AM and getting  a carpal tunnel trying to control the mouse
for all the highlighting in trying to use MS Paint.

The image has to be cropped left.  That means save everything to the right of the guy in
the grey suit.  So we have the couple and titling only.  To me it makes more sense
anyway.

In paint I did the highlight but after having the job lost several times I see there is
some less obvious things to do to _retain_ the edit and then save.  I wasn't doing it
right.

Resizing may not even be necessary as a pixel count.  I just want to get the shape right
and not distorted.

I tried one of the online photo edit things.

https://resizeimage.net/

I didn't understand the language about X and Y
axes where I just want to snip off the left hand side full length of the image.
Doing that  should give something close that is not distorted and in proportioin to the display box.
I'd rather not play with online editors anyway.

I've never seriously worked with any paint programs so it's all strange.  I was doing it
backwards as well: saving the area to remove rather than keep.  I'll do a bit more
on it today but would like an alternative  to  Paint such as working numerically (see
carpal tunnel above.)  ;-)

Last edited by loninappleton on 2021-05-01 17:05:20

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-05-01 17:47:14(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 840
Uploads: 4931

Image error

Isn't it better? You always have the option to get similar or exact covers, else you can create yourself otherwise stick with one which is available on the internet, Cover makes torrent stunning and eye pleasing, else, the IMDb always exits, anyone can see what image available on IMDb, it won't affect your torrent's traffic either. lol - Correct title does matters, covers can be up and down, or similar doesn't matter.

Good luck!

Last edited by Prom3th3uS on 2021-05-01 17:48:41

Post liked by - aviana:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, GodAndUlster:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-01 21:57:05(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

What you have there looks good.  Where is the source?  I did not see this version anywhere.

What I had seen was that cut off squarish version from a google search for images based on the title.

How can I use the version you've found?  A link to the source jpg, png etc?

I have sxperimented in Paint with a lot of frustration.  Everytime I go to do the crop, something starts up in
'draw' and I wind up with a squiggly black line.  It's making me crazy and mad.

Still, I should learn how to do these things at some point.

I'll appreciate use of what you've found.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, GodAndUlster:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-01 22:11:57(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I figured out how to the grab the image you have if that is ok.  I'd still like to know where it was found.
It didn't come up in anything I did or at IMDb which I searched by artist name--  I didn't find it posted there.

Thanks for the help.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-05-02 00:27:25(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 840
Uploads: 4931

Sometimes you have to go further with the links or keywords....

I searched and figure it out that it is a play, so I simply searched with this these keywords:

Image error

Also, as I mentioned, most of the time, the images we are looking for they exist under the references of similar results, so checking them out may help to get the exact image faster!

Image location: https://www.broadwayworld.com/ezoimgfmt/cloudimages.broadwayworld.com/columnpiccloud/21615482260.jpg

I hope this helps, good luck! :_:)

Post liked by - ShhweetSkunk:_blocked:, aviana:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-02 00:44:29(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Excellent catch.  :-)

I usually miss things.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-05-02 07:18:06(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

so glad our awesome Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle: helped you and all sorted now :) :_love

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-02 19:37:28(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

What Prometheus found was great.  I had no intention of editing the image, but _fitting it_ in the
cover shot where no IMDb or source I could locate on my own.

another one:

Image error

I have an upload of this production capture ready which came my way.  

I'll review the comments added.  But before I do, since this is the only production poster for the play but there are many candid in landscape format,  How could a background or some fill be used in portrait mode for the proportions right for a covershot?

It's a  different problem.  No doubt I could squeeze it in the form but I want to do it right.  The video source was from the cloud and even there they just had one of the candids or a screenshot in the download entry.

Last edited by loninappleton on 2021-05-02 19:39:18

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
aviana:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-05-02 20:19:47(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5690

Hi  i found  you this  i advise you search for movie poster for your film that's what  i did,  then i went to free Online Image Editor to resize it.
You will have to use an image host to share your pic when you get your desired size .

https://www.online-image-editor.com/

Image error

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ShhweetSkunk:_blocked:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-02 22:01:32(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I appreciate the help.  

I went to fugard theatre and several  review places all based on a google search for images.
That square one was the only one I found.  I can't do what I can't do.

So you're saying  go > movie poster > master harold etc > fugard theatre was successful?  Please
give the search keywords.  That might help me in the future.  This play is not a movie anywhere.  It
may have been on tv someplace.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-03 05:02:52(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

And that is in Paint or a program that looks like paint?  I'm glad Palatine found the whole frame in 2x3 and yes I will keep that in mind for future reference.  There's a scad of programs such as Yoda resizer and such that I know nothing about.
And yes highlighting  'keep aspect ratio'  helps as well.  It is a whole study in itself.  Some Irish plays I found had the aspect ratio wrong and Handbrake was able to get them looking proper.  Those are now posted here.

Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-05-03 07:00:08(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Just try google images and like peeps have said please make sure you add a little more detail when searching for images :)
always use maybe something like google images or what browser you prefer to use :)

ie ) Master Harold and the boys tv movie ( Athol Fugard )

hopefully that way you might find the covers you are searching for :) :_love

Post liked by - Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2021-05-08 06:21:42(150Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I have since used the online resizer recommened and it seems to work well.
thanks the gracious assistance.  Onward.

Sitefriends

User Art

To submit your artwork, follow this link.