PM idea

TimmyBoy91:_blocked:Posted at 2021-02-26 23:13:29(160Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 332
Uploads: 0

Just an idea...

bb tool bar in pm

like topics, posts, ect toolbar

Last edited by TimmyBoy91 on 2021-02-26 23:20:17

Post liked by - ShhweetSkunk:_blocked:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2021-02-28 15:05:24(160Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2095
Uploads: 303

This has been talked about before, you might notice there is no BBcode in PMs,
and this is for the security of members.
Therefore no need for a toolbar. :_:)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, TimmyBoy91:_blocked:, ExGamer:_moderator:, OO7:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Deep61:_moderator:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:
NatalieNY:_trusted_user::_female:Posted at 2022-05-02 14:44:00(99Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1810

Hello.

I did not want to create a new thread hence, I am posting my query here as the topic is about PM.

I would like to start by saying, not so long ago, I was a part of the KAT community. There are times when one requests torrents books / music / movies etc.

So .... A user on KAT I sent a Music Album to through a PM , later told me that the folder i put in the download link contained a Virus as he was not able to delete that folder and then the users Windows Explorer was Not Responding. The user had to go through a lot of Trouble to get that fixed.

Let me clarify, my folder had No virus or any sorts and I was blamed for no reason at all.

If i happen to face this issue again / or any other issue for that matter (even though my download link contains No Threat of any kind), here, on TGx , may be while fulfilling someone's request .....
What would the higher ups say with this Regard>??

1 Will action be taken on the user sending the files for fulfilling someone's request>??
2 Will TGx deny interfering on this matter saying - We are not responsible what happens on the PM>?

Or

3 Is there a site rule for PM, which is not mentioned in the Site Rules thus far>?

Please clarify the same
And correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by NatalieNY on 2022-05-02 14:50:27

Post liked by - LiberalLesbo:_trusted_user::_female::_boob::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2022-05-02 15:05:53(99Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

NatalieNY wrote:

Hello.

I did not want to create a new thread hence, I am posting my query here as the topic is about PM.

I would like to start by saying, not so long ago, I was a part of the KAT community. There are times when one requests torrents books / music / movies etc.

So .... A user on KAT I sent a Music Album to though a PM , later told me that the folder i put in the download link contained a Virus as he was not able to delete that folder and then the users Windows Explorer was Not Responding. The user had to go through a lot of Trouble to get that fixed.

Let me clarify, my folder had No virus or any sorts and I was blamed for no reason at all.

If i happen to face this issue again / or any other issue for that matter (even though my download link contains No Threat of any kind), here, on TGx , may be while fulfilling someone's request .....

1 Will action be taken on the user sending the files for fulfilling someone's request>??
2 Will TGx deny interfering on this matter saying - We are not responsible what happens on the PM>?

Or

3 Is there a site rule for PM, which is not mentioned in the Site Rules thus far>?

Please clarify the same
1. You can't sent files or links as such as you are limited to text only, you can sent text which
can be made into a link but that requires the person receiving the PM to perform that action.

2. PMs really are private messages here, I can't see them which is very different from kat where anyone
of staff and above could read them. Members can block other members PM using the block button on the
members profile page.

3. Just use common sense, we have safe guards regarding spamming PMs, if you sent a large quantity you will hit a limit.

Last edited by RedBaron58 on 2022-05-02 15:06:22

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, MadWatchdog:_moderator:, TimmyBoy91:_blocked:
tg4ever:_trusted_user::_junkie:Posted at 2022-05-02 15:11:02(99Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 110

Seems like thats exactly how an FBI agent would do it. Spread malicious links thru PMs. Not just FBI agents, anyone really interested in finding out more about our members. Like a link you visit or an embedded image could already record your IP or hijack your browsers cookies.

Post liked by - LiberalLesbo:_trusted_user::_female::_boob::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-05-02 20:04:52(99Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2215
Uploads: 157

RedBaron58 wrote:

NatalieNY wrote:

Hello.

So .... A user on KAT I sent a Music Album to though a PM , later told me that the folder i put in the download link contained a Virus as he was not able to delete that folder and then the users Windows Explorer was Not Responding. The user had to go through a lot of Trouble to get that fixed.

Or

Please clarify the same
1. You can't sent files or links as such as you are limited to text only, you can sent text which
can be made into a link but that requires the person receiving the PM to perform that action.

2. PMs really are private messages here, I can't see them which is very different from kat where anyone
of staff and above could read them.
Members can block other members PM using the block button on the
members profile page.

3. Just use common sense, we have safe guards regarding spamming PMs, if you sent a large quantity you will hit a limit.
:_facepalm:_facepalm...as iv'e said previously....oh no we couldn't:_:O:_facepalm
I'd just like to state that i was KAT Staff for years, until it's final demise, and we NEVER had the option of viewing any members PM's at any time while i was there:_:-*:_O:-D:_O:-D
If your refering to the original KAT then that was before my time so quite possible:_:-*

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2022-05-02 20:09:29(99Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

B4ND1T69 wrote:

If your refering to the original KAT then that was before my time so quite possible:_:-*
It was the original I was referring to

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, TimmyBoy91:_blocked:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-05-02 20:12:00(99Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2215
Uploads: 157

RedBaron58 wrote:

B4ND1T69 wrote:

It was the original I was referring to
Appreciate you clearing that up RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:....thanks:_pirate:_pirate:_:):_:-*

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, TimmyBoy91:_blocked:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
TimmyBoy91:_blocked:Posted at 2022-05-02 20:15:37(99Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 332

TimmyBoy91:_blocked: Says...

Is The Correct Place Tim!

So Means....

Thread Closed

Last edited by TimmyBoy91 on 2022-05-02 20:18:16

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2022-05-02 20:16:54(99Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4245

TimmyBoy91 wrote:

TimmyBoy91:_blocked: Says...

Is The Correct Place Tim!

So Means....

Thread Closed
As you wish...

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, TimmyBoy91:_blocked:

Sitefriends

User Art

To submit your artwork, follow this link.