DANGER! Please read before interacting with YIFY / YTS

zeke23:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2020-08-22 00:26:47(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1365
Uploads: 1449

Prom3th3uS wrote:

Shadow wrote:

Sites left to ban eztv & yts:
2. https://www.ettv.to - They still have new uploads from eztv and yts
YTS and EZTV bots have been disabled by gerald already.
We are keeping an eye on them, so count ETTV in, if any further blocking required techies will do that for sure.

Cheers!
thats good to hear Gerald is a great guy

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-08-22 00:51:53(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 784
Uploads: 133

Soup wrote:

SweetSkunk wrote:

Just wondering....    is TGx planning to remove the  YIFY / YTS  content here onsite ?

Image error
Where do you draw the line on this, eradicate all yify/yts from the data base along with eztv? Where do you stop, hard to call
Personally,  I would remove EVERYTHING with a YIFY  or  YTS  tag.      
On TGx,  there's only about 50+ results combined, so I imagine it wouldn't take very long...

But since some of the content on YTS site  matches  content on TGX site,  it just seems wise to remove it at this point.

Example:
https://yts.mx/movies/heat-1995
vs.
https://torrentgalaxy.to/torrent/136327/Heat--1995--1080p-BrRip-x264---YIFY-

they both share the SAME hascode,  so clicking it here.... would be similar to clicking it there, right?

Again, just my two cents O:-DO:-D

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
GhostRiderPosted at 2020-08-22 01:41:20(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1224
Uploads: 123

SweetSkunk wrote:

Soup wrote:

SweetSkunk wrote:

Just wondering....    is TGx planning to remove the  YIFY / YTS  content here onsite ?

Image error
Where do you draw the line on this, eradicate all yify/yts from the data base along with eztv? Where do you stop, hard to call
Personally,  I would remove EVERYTHING with a YIFY  or  YTS  tag.      
On TGx,  there's only about 50+ results combined, so I imagine it wouldn't take very long...

But since some of the content on YTS site  matches  content on TGX site,  it just seems wise to remove it at this point.

Example:
https://yts.mx/movies/heat-1995
vs.
https://torrentgalaxy.to/torrent/136327/Heat--1995--1080p-BrRip-x264---YIFY-

they both share the SAME hascode,  so clicking it here.... would be similar to clicking it there, right?

Again, just my two cents O:-DO:-D
Thanks SS...all deleted from our database

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, Rav3n007:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2020-08-22 03:52:03(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 842
Uploads: 6621

While none of it anything I have any real interest in, Im curious what you believe deleting them is actually achieving ?

Last edited by battlestar on 2020-08-22 03:52:14

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-22 04:20:29(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 185
Uploads: 883

battlestar wrote:

While none of it anything I have any real interest in, Im curious what you believe deleting them is actually achieving ?
Of course the content is not at fault Its the name and the torrent hash that is being eliminated. Cause we all want to distance ourselves from this. And protect the users. The unique Hash tag would tie any body with it to them.   All the better to make this a quickly dealt with bad memory.  
But thats just my thought

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, SweetSkunk:_blocked:
SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-08-22 05:54:01(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

battlestar wrote:

Well, @analogkid has a good way of putting it.        But, here's a different scenario :facepalm

It's like hearing of a salmonella outbreak,  linked to Romaine lettuce @ your favorite grocery store
Then u realize,  wait...  I have some Romaine lettuce in my fridge Image error
You compare the package #'s  &  they match... Image error

While there's a good chance noone in your family will eat the contaminated lettuce,  why let them take that chance?
(if it's as simple as just removing it)

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Deep61:_moderator:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:
GhostRiderPosted at 2020-08-22 06:17:15(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

battlestar wrote:

I am trying to protect our members battlestar ...no rotten apples in our cart

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Myob42:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, SweetSkunk:_blocked:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, zeke23:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_sun:, amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-22 07:21:38(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 635
Uploads: 0

Used the YTS(YIFY back then)torrents back when they started since they became popular among my friends. But when the news of YTS disappearing/leaving the p2p scene and the "new" YTS replacing them made me suspicious, never went back...really glad about it. I've never used EZTV because I've always had ETTV or TGxTV for all my shows. Glad to see them kicked off for good, for what they do. Thanks to all the site owners and staffs of TGx, 1337x and others who took the action and banned YTS from their sites.

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Rav3n007:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Myob42:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Deep61:_moderator:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:
Shadow:_trusted_user::_male:Posted at 2020-08-22 07:44:00(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5
Uploads: 746

Prom3th3uS wrote:

Shadow wrote:

We are keeping an eye on them, so count ETTV in, if any further blocking required techies will do that for sure.

Cheers!
They are still posting torrents on ettv.to. Most likely needs to disable bots cronjob

Last edited by Shadow on 2020-08-22 07:44:53

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:
amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-22 07:57:38(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 635

Shadow wrote:

Prom3th3uS wrote:

Shadow wrote:

Cheers!
They are still posting torrents on ettv.to. Most likely needs to disable bots cronjob
Seems they are demoted back to Member class now. Won't be uploading to that site anytime soon. :)

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2020-08-22 09:49:03(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4255

battlestar wrote:

it's about warning people and to make a point.

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Deep61:_moderator:, Soup:_trusted_user:, analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
Soup:_trusted_user:Posted at 2020-08-22 09:57:28(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 489
Uploads: 76

Mafketel wrote:

battlestar wrote:

Image error

My take on all the sites at the moment pmpl

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, zeke23:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-22 10:34:40(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2240
Uploads: 157

GhostRider wrote:

battlestar wrote:

I am trying to protect our members battlestar ...no rotten apples in our cart
And there was me thinking nobody on here understood sarcasm LOLOL....first funny thing iv'e read on here since covid puckered up all ya rusty sheriff's badges:-*:-*:-*

Good one:DB)

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-22 10:40:29(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Soup wrote:

Mafketel wrote:

battlestar wrote:

Image error

My take on all the sites at the moment pmpl
Spot on Soup .:bomb:bomb

Image error

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, zeke23:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:
Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-22 10:59:10(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1236

battlestar wrote:

to cut/stop any connection with yts, eztv
not hard thing to understand even if you working in torrent world
and they want to catch you, make you to pay...

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, zeke23:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2020-08-22 17:42:46(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Csabaxb wrote:

to cut/stop any connection with yts, eztv
not hard thing to understand even if you working in torrent world
and they want to catch you, make you to pay...
Then please explain it to me. :)

They are not going to "catch" you from downloading an eztv torrent here.
Sure, 'they' can monitor the swarm for IP addresses, but thats all they have.
That IP isnt enough on its own (indeed, is more than likely to be a VPN or seedbox).

(and dont forget anyone can do that for any torrent on this site, or any other site).

Post liked by - Rav3n007:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Soup:_trusted_user:
GhostRiderPosted at 2020-08-22 18:29:00(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

If certain peers that sold their Domains in order to grain information to pass on to the authorities including email addresses..IPS services,IP Addresses then you carry on using Yify, but you need to find another site for that. B)B)

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-22 18:35:31(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

if they have the ip address, they can find you
how yts, eztv now go with the enemy and they have your ip address, maybe  your isp going same with enemy and you got the nice e-mail
that's why i say, cut/stop any connection with those sites

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2020-08-22 22:44:31(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Csabaxb wrote:

if they have the ip address, they can find you
Sorry, but you have been watching too many TV shows, it doesnt quite work like that in real life.

If you actualy read the article, they had to gain access to his actual account on the site, to try and match email addresses, but even that isnt enough, they had to get information from his social media accounts as well. Even then, they dont have solid evidence, they are hoping to convince a judge that what they have put together is enough.

If you could catch people from just an IP, dont you think they would be doing that to everyone 8o

Last edited by battlestar on 2020-08-22 22:47:54

Post liked by - Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-22 22:52:12(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 7026

here more realistic ...
they whom ever ,, they report the ip to your isp for infringement .... your isp matches the ip with what ever modem it was connected to at that time ....
then they check to see if a client was being run .....
then your isp sends you a letter .. you dont answer they give you a time out ....
been there done this quite a few times ,,
this was explained to me by spectrum ...

p.s.    just another reason to use a real vpn always ..... :D

Last edited by Superbikemike on 2020-08-22 22:53:45

Post liked by - bleuetoile:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Myob42:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Soup:_trusted_user:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-23 08:28:35(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

yes, i download and play very much video content, also i read a lot
see my posts in "What are you watching or have you seen"
the things are exactly how Superbikemike write
they workers follow a swarm, got the ip, find from where the ip is
contact your isp, asking to identify the user
if the isp is like yts, eztv, will apply and you got the email
have friends who got emails
i not have any social media account, those networks just make users dumber with tones of fake news
not use yts, eztv, i thank miok for the info
i not have vpn, but i use Peerblock 1.2 and ip filter in qbittorrent
but hey, it's a "FREE" world, you can do what you want
sorry, english not my native language
wish all a nice Sunday :)

Post liked by - Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-08-23 08:38:46(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Csabaxb wrote:

their/they workers follow a swarm, got the ip, find from where the ip is
contact your isp, asking to identify the user
Yes, nice description Csaba :D

that's why, I say create as much distance as possible  B)

Post liked by - Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, miok:_admin:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-23 12:07:35(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

NEWSFLASH : Dirtybstard admits "iv'e got a rod up my a$$ and i'm hot for da dorrar"

Quote:

FACT: YTS is Handing Over User Data to a Law Firm

This saga has been running for some time but this week we were able to confirm what we’ve long suspected. The operator of YTS is actively handing over personal information about his own users to a law firm in Hawaii, which is acting on behalf of companies behind movies including Hellboy and Rambo: Last Blood.

The background to this ‘partnership’ appears to have its roots in cases where YTS itself was sued by attorney Kerry Culpepper for copyright infringement.

Since or around that time, YTS operator Senthal Vijay Segaran seems to have started cooperating with Culpepper, giving up email and IP addresses to the attorney in support of lawsuits against alleged pirates in the United States.

What we are seeing now, however, is that user data handed over to the attorney by YTS’s operator is being used in emailed threats to alleged users of YTS, demanding cash settlements to make potential lawsuits disappear.
Emailed Pay-Up-Or-Else Threats

TorrentFreak recently obtained an email sent by Culpepper IP to an alleged user of YTS. It begins with three pieces of information; the email and IP address of the recipient, plus the date (but not the precise time) of the alleged infringement. (Note: We have redacted some information to protect the privacy of our source)

It continues by stating that the law firm previously filed a copyright infringement lawsuit in Hawaii on behalf of its clients and “subsequently obtained identifying contact information for many of these users from the YTS website operator, including yours.”

The point of the email, it adds, is one of “courtesy” before legal action is taken that may result in additional costs.

With there being no doubt whatsoever that YTS data is helping to power this campaign, the email claims that the recipient “logged into the website YTS using the email address [redacted] from the IP address [redacted] and illegally downloaded a torrent file for copying our clients’ motion picture…”

In isolation, this claim is interesting. Torrent files contain no copyrighted content and it isn’t illegal to download them as they contain only metadata, i.e data that describes other data. No one has ever been prosecuted for downloading a .torrent file – anywhere, ever. That’s because it does not necessarily follow that the .torrent file downloader subsequently loaded it into a torrent client to download and/or share the work it references.

It is possible for the IP address of a user to be observed sharing the actual content in a torrent swarm if they later chose to do that, but the emailed letter offers no indication that is the case.

To be clear: downloading a torrent file is not illegal, sharing copyrighted content is. And there is a big difference as far as the courts are concerned. That being said, evidence showing the downloading of a torrent file on a specific date via a torrent site account attached to an email address, could also be accompanied by IP address evidence from a torrent swarm. That could be much more compelling in court.
The Options on Offer According to the Emailed Letter

In common with most settlement schemes, the letter seeks a cash payment from the recipient. For privacy reasons, we aren’t detailing the exact amount but it’s around the $1,000 mark. In exchange for paying this amount quickly, the law firm offers a “comprehensive release of all legal claims”, including the recipient not becoming a named defendant in a lawsuit.

Somewhat unusually and for reasons that are not immediately clear, it also demands additional information.

This includes a signed declaration indicating the BitTorrent client used to carry out the alleged infringement, the name of the site or business that promoted that BitTorrent client, and whether the letter recipient has ever received a copyright warning notice from his or her Internet service provider.

One can only speculate as to how this information might be put to use in the future but it certainly sounds like a bigger picture is being formed.
Recall, the same law firm – Culpepper IP – is also trying to hold Internet backbone company Hurricane Electric responsible for piracy carried out by BitTorrent users.
Why This Approach is So Unusual

Apart from the operator of one of the world’s largest torrent sites giving up the personal information of his users, it’s worth looking at the structure of how this is taking place.

A $1 million consent judgment from earlier this year between movie companies affiliated with Millennium Media (under the legal guidance of Culpepper IP) and YTS, positively identified India-resident Senthil Vijay Segaran and the UK company Techmodo Limited as the operators of YTS.

So, a UK company runs YTS? Perhaps we should let that sink in for a moment.

Techmodo Limited is officially registered with the government in the UK, with Segaran listed as the sole director. It hasn’t yet filed any meaningful accounts and the same is true for the company of the same name, also operated by Segaran, that was dissolved following a via compulsory strike-off just months earlier.

So, what we appear to have here is an official UK-registered company, which is subject to all relevant local law (both civil and criminal), being identified by plaintiffs in a US-lawsuit as the operator of an illegal site. We use the term ‘illegal’ here as guided by the High Court of England and Wales, which previously determined that YTS and hundreds of similar sites act illegally under civil law (at least) in the UK and should be blocked by local ISPs.

So the big questions must follow. If Techmodo Limited is the operator of YTS and YTS is a site that operates illegally, it seems highly unlikely that Techmodo Limited can legally operate the YTS site in the UK. What charges or challenges it might face are matters for HMRC and possibly even the Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit because, when infringement is carried out in the course of business, it becomes a criminal offense.
There's a lot more >>  https://torrentfreak.com/yts-torrent-giant-is-part-of-a-bizarre-brand-new-anti-piracy-scheme-200823/

Last edited by B4ND1T69 on 2020-08-23 12:09:21

Post liked by - homer:_trusted_user::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, Rav3n007:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, GhostRider, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Chelsea:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Myob42:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
AbsolutWalker:_male:Posted at 2020-08-25 05:18:21(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0

Image error

Kindly check dis one,,,,,,,,,,,,i used to always get such messages while visiting dis fcking site but i used to ignore until i receive some screenrecorded messages from this hacker and asking for money,,,,,,,,but luckily i never use same passwords for all my oftenly used sites either.....................always use antivirus like me now.....ESET is my backbone now,,,....stay safe guys,,,,,,,,cheers

Last edited by AbsolutWalker on 2020-08-25 05:19:15

Post liked by - Janor:_trusted_user::_female:
Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-25 05:35:28(190Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1020
Uploads: 347

AbsolutWalker wrote:

Image error

Kindly check dis one,,,,,,,,,,,,i used to always get such messages while visiting dis fcking site but i used to ignore until i receive some screenrecorded messages from this hacker and asking for money,,,,,,,,but luckily i never use same passwords for all my oftenly used sites either.....................always use antivirus like me now.....ESET is my backbone now,,,....stay safe guys,,,,,,,,cheers
or maybe you are in wrong domain.

Image error

Last edited by Thomaskhan on 2020-08-25 05:35:50

Post liked by - brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, ShweetSkunk:_blocked:, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, AbsolutWalker:_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Soup:_trusted_user:

Sitefriends