WEBP images

realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2024-04-30 03:07:56(3Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 390
Uploads: 0

WEBP animated images wont display anymore?
I remember seeing a bunch of animated cat clips in chitchat that members uploaded and some were WEBP. I usually save them to PC etc so see the file extension of the saves from daily dose of catness. I have a lot of large gifs for the thread "weird awards of tv and film" in the movie forum section and thought WEBP would be good to reduce the size of the animations,  but when i upload and try embed the image; it not showing just gives the [img]the url [/img].  Are webp animations no longer allowed? or am i doing it wrong. Here`s what i wanted to embed:
[img]https://i.ibb.co/vqcc37V/Madmadworld.webp[/img] other than gif`s which is a very old technology, is there perhaps another animated thing i am allowed to embed maybe, i`ve definitley seen webp anims on this site so think i doing it wrong. thxs

Last edited by realityshow on 2024-04-30 03:17:54

Post liked by - Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2024-04-30 07:05:33(3Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4275

Thought they never worked with bbcode.
Resize them just a little bit and save them should fix it for just images.

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, appdoze:_trusted_uploader::_male::_junkie::_turtle:
realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2024-04-30 08:08:31(3Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 390

Ok here is a post that displays as WEBP https://torrentgalaxy.to/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=2739&page=19#post357276 try and save the animated picture of the black & white cat with the grey and white cat. The only option is as WEBP.

Tho after some inspection seems it was originally as a gif embedded and that tumblr is converting as WEBP for display, this is probably what i have been seeing which led me to believe that WEBP is acceptable at this site.
Oh well. I think it is an interesting discovery tho.

Mafketel wrote:

curiously if u were to click the upload image icon in post reply it brings up the imgbb(dot)com upload function which accepts WEBP formats and then once uploaded it generates BBcodes so perhaps some websites do accept it. Reckon it would be a nice feature to have if WEBP were implemented on torrentgalaxy as GIFS are a bit antiquated by using WEBP for i.e daily dose of catness, dogness etc :_msgwe could have higher quality clips at a fraction of the size. :_msg

Last edited by realityshow on 2024-04-30 08:12:31

Post liked by - Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2024-04-30 10:40:49(3Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2265
Uploads: 158

realityshow wrote:

Ok here is a post that displays as WEBP https://torrentgalaxy.to/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=2739&page=19#post357276 try and save the animated picture of the black & white cat with the grey and white cat. The only option is as WEBP.

Tho after some inspection seems it was originally as a gif embedded and that tumblr is converting as WEBP for display, this is probably what i have been seeing which led me to believe that WEBP is acceptable at this site.
That image you've linked to of the black and white cat with the grey....here is the confusion with it...right click on the image and select "open in new tab"....this gives you the actual file extention used for it >>>
https://i0.wp.com/31.media.tumblr.com/b803e75a9df8544eb268d0d2d748ed1b/tumblr_ms071pE9Le1riml7wo1_400.gif

as you can see it's actually a gif:_party:_pirate
sometimes tumbler does this with extentions etc:_facepalm:_facepalm
If you try to save it then you get the WEBP extention as it was originally uploaded and is stored on tumbler as that....but to play it or see it they change it to .gif so it's possible:_party:_party

Last edited by B4ND1T69 on 2024-04-30 10:42:49

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2024-04-30 12:03:46(2Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4275

realityshow wrote:

Mafketel wrote:

curiously if u were to click the upload image icon in post reply it brings up the imgbb(dot)com upload function which accepts WEBP formats and then once uploaded it generates BBcodes so perhaps some websites do accept it. Reckon it would be a nice feature to have if WEBP were implemented on torrentgalaxy as GIFS are a bit antiquated by using WEBP for i.e daily dose of catness, dogness etc :_msgwe could have higher quality clips at a fraction of the size. :_msg
Haha I still have to keep in mind that these questions are pc/laptop related..
On android they are automatically converted to jpg when you make a change to the image.. 🤣 🤣

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:

Sitefriends