Torrent Galaxy Chat

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-09-20 12:43:18(292Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3106
Uploads: 0

Torrent Galaxy Chat

Chat online with yourTorrent Galaxy friends on our chat!

Where to find Chat

Chat can be found in our lobby. Click or tab on "Lobby" at the top of our site.

Image error

The Chat

After the chat has loaded you will see the following screen. The chat is below our news items.

Image error

At the top of chat you can see which users are currently viewing the lobby page.

Image error

Below that the chat messages.

Image error

And at the bottom the box to type your chat message in, several buttons and smileys.

Image error

Using chat

Posting

Type your post in the box below chat and then click on "Submit".

Image error

It will take a moment for the post to appear on chat.

Image error

Not all BB-codes can be used on chat. The following BB-codes do work:
  • Text color: [­color=colorname]text[­/color] This code will give your text the color you specify.
  • Userlink: [­user=name]  This code will tag to a userprofile
  • Image: [­img]image link[­/img] This code will place an image in a spoiler on chat

Further you can paste a link in the chat and use any of our site smileys.

Image error

Pauzing chat

When you view chat the chat well jump to the newest post. You can view older posts and scroll down after you pause chat. To pause chat click on "Pause chat".

Image error

To resume and update chat click on "Resume chat".

Image error

Viewing images

Images are posted in a spoiler to make the chat easier to read. To see an image hover your mouse over it.

Image error

The image will now show.

Image error

Deleting chat post

Only moderators and higher are able to delete posts on chat. If you need a post to be removed you can contact a moderator or admin to do it for you. You can find the staff list here.

Message alert in chat

When you receive a message in your inbox the chat will alert you to it.

Image error

Note: When you go to chat on a mobile device with a screen below a certain size the date stamp will be removed. This is not a bug, but done on purpose. Otherwise chat would keep jumping to the timestamp and the text behind usernames would not be visible to our mobile visitors.

Have fun chatting with your friends. :)

Last edited by Angelina on 2019-07-30 15:28:20

•  
    Post liked by - 1stGenDude:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ArchM, sam1971, panosol:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Coderhash:_blocked:, Nasher:_male:, polara121:_blocked:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, Sheolraver:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, SweetSkunk:_blocked:, miok:_admin:, Deep61:_moderator:, matesio:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Gayle:_blocked:, HB11:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, QueenB:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
    Alien4:_verified_uploader::_male:Posted at 2020-05-11 18:29:06(206Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 524
    Uploads: 3

How about the implementation for chat users to create there own room within the chat room? Daft as it sounds some members may shy away from chat due to antagonistic behavior from other member(s).....  But also have the ability to set a password for friends to enter and have a good quiet peaceful blether, all under the moderation of staff?

Post liked by - 1stGenDude:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, polara121:_blocked:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, miok:_admin:
    Alien4:_verified_uploader::_male:Posted at 2020-05-11 20:09:00(206Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 524
    Uploads: 3

B4ND1T69 wrote:

Alien4 wrote:

How about the implementation for chat users to create there own room within the chat room? Daft as it sounds some members may shy away from chat due to antagonistic behavior from other member(s).....  But also have the ability to set a password for friends to enter and have a good quiet peaceful blether, all under the moderation of staff?
    I have an idea Alien4:_verified_uploader::_male:.....;)....are you in..?B)
    Depends on how many jaffa cakes are on offer

Post liked by - Coderhash:_blocked:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Janor:_trusted_user::_female:, SweetSkunk:_blocked:, GodAndUlster:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:
    Rav3n007:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-06-20 02:13:54(96Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 540
    Uploads: 2

There going to be an update for the "how to unmute" someone in chat? I don't want to take chances in muting someone on accident

Post liked by - Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Coderhash:_blocked:, polara121:_blocked:, Garthock:_moderator:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
    Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-06-20 03:39:12(96Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 835
    Uploads: 4931

I agree with Rav3n007:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, intro would be best, I guess, if we get lucky to mute, there should be sectioned to > unmute < maybe!

When I clicked Mute, the pop-up appears > You cannot mute a user rated higher then you! < BTW, what does that mean? Which rate does it stand for? Obviously not rank, as I was intended to do on lesser one, does it belong to chat messages counts or likes on chat?

Please, if you do explanation on how to unmute, kindly, highlight/introduce this function as well, I mean what is it exactly? Cheers :_:)

Post liked by - Coderhash:_blocked:, polara121:_blocked:, Garthock:_moderator:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Rav3n007:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
    Zombie:_male::_turtle:Posted at 2022-10-15 05:53:45(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 35

How To Increase Torrent Upload Speed / Seeding Capability

Hi everyone,
    Everyone might have this setting on for all I know, but I couldn't find anything on this topic on-site so I thought I would post it here since it helped me immensely. I used to have upload speeds in kilobytes/second, now I have an almost constant 2-3 mbps upload speed, just yesterday I uploaded almost 50 GB in total

Go to your router settings page. You can find the gateway for your router manufacturer from the internet or for example on linux doing route -n shows the default gateway.
       Search for the setting "uPnP" and turn it on. I kept the Advertisement Period and Advertisement time to live fields at their default values (1800 seconds and 4 hops)
       Save the settings and optionally restart your router if you do not see changes.

This option allows your torrent client to automatically set up port forwarding rules, so that more number of peers are able to communicate with you without being blocked. It does pose a security issue as potentially malicious programs can open up ports, but you can monitor the logs to check that the right programs are using this functionality.

Post liked by - fing6969:_verified_uploader::_male:, Coderhash:_blocked:, polara121:_blocked:, Garthock:_moderator:, miok:_admin:
    sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2022-10-15 07:05:14(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 2210
    Uploads: 416

Zombie wrote:

How To Increase Torrent Upload Speed / Seeding Capability

Hi everyone,
    Everyone might have this setting on for all I know, but I couldn't find anything on this topic on-site so I thought I would post it here since it helped me immensely. I used to have upload speeds in kilobytes/second, now I have an almost constant 2-3 mbps upload speed, just yesterday I uploaded almost 50 GB in total

Go to your router settings page. You can find the gateway for your router manufacturer from the internet or for example on linux doing route -n shows the default gateway.
       Search for the setting "uPnP" and turn it on. I kept the Advertisement Period and Advertisement time to live fields at their default values (1800 seconds and 4 hops)
       Save the settings and optionally restart your router if you do not see changes.

This option allows your torrent client to automatically set up port forwarding rules, so that more number of peers are able to communicate with you without being blocked. It does pose a security issue as potentially malicious programs can open up ports, but you can monitor the logs to check that the right programs are using this functionality.
    This thread is for the lobby chat room, your post would be better suited posted in Here

Post liked by - Coderhash:_blocked:, polara121:_blocked:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
    Nasher:_male:Posted at 2023-06-08 21:53:10(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 3

The "Chat" function on the Lobby page, does not allow me in. I am not sure if it should reflect this tidbit or not in your above explanation, but was not expecting to need to "earn" my way to talk to other members. A real bummer. :(
    *unless I am missing something?

miok:_admin:Posted at 2023-06-08 22:00:04(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Master Lurker
    Reppoints: 5800
    Uploads: 3501

Nasher wrote:

The "Chat" function on the Lobby page, does not allow me in. I am not sure if it should reflect this tidbit or not in your above explanation, but was not expecting to need to "earn" my way to talk to other members. A real bummer. :(
    For the time being, only members with "trusted" status, or above are being granted chat access. This is a work in progress and may or may not change in the future.

Post liked by - Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Coderhash:_blocked:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
    Ryoken1972Posted at 2023-06-08 22:01:49(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 0

can any one  or the mods tell me why my account has been banned?
    everything was OK till 10 minutes ago then poof , "This account has been blocked."????

miok:_admin:Posted at 2023-06-08 22:05:26(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Master Lurker

Ryoken1972 wrote:

everything was OK till 10 minutes ago then poof , "This account has been blocked."????
    Which account are you referring to?

Post liked by - Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Coderhash:_blocked:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
    miok:_admin:Posted at 2023-06-08 22:10:58(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Master Lurker

Ryoken1972 wrote:

The system automatically blocked your account for uploading a .exe file (RARBG_DO_NOT_MIRROR.exe).

Post liked by - fing6969:_verified_uploader::_male:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Coderhash:_blocked:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
    Ryoken1972Posted at 2023-06-08 22:12:11(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Ryoken1972

miok:_admin:Posted at 2023-06-08 22:13:06(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Master Lurker

Ryoken1972 wrote:

Ryoken1972
    Our Super Admin has restored your RyokenCBC:_male: account.

Last edited by miok on 2023-06-08 22:15:47

Post liked by - Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Coderhash:_blocked:, LiberalLesbo:_trusted_user::_female::_boob::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
    RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2023-06-08 22:15:55(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 2090
    Uploads: 303

Ryoken1972 wrote:

Go to your old account it's fixed, please read my PM before continuing

Post liked by - Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Coderhash:_blocked:, LiberalLesbo:_trusted_user::_female::_boob::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, miok:_admin:
    Nasher:_male:Posted at 2023-06-08 22:16:49(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 3

Ok, thank you for the answer 'miok'.
    I do not know how to earn the Trusted rank...I am assuming - over time.  Ok, but;
    This, not able to get to know anyone via the Chat....its hopefully not to stay? Feels a bit degrading to me... a new user, who took the time to sign up.
    Looking to join the community, kinship, likemindedness etc.
    Not much better than a non member with an ad blocker, really.
    A cold feeling after the warm message welcome.
    I will stick around till it warms up :_pirate

Post liked by - Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, Coderhash:_blocked:, miok:_admin:
    miok:_admin:Posted at 2023-06-08 22:21:21(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Master Lurker

Nasher wrote:

I do not know how to earn the Trusted rank...I am assuming - over time.  Ok, but;
    This, not able to get to know anyone via the Chat....its hopefully not to stay? Feels a bit degrading to me... a new user, who took the time to sign up.
    If you participate in the forums from time to time, you'll meet nice people who'll give you reviews.
    This will help you rank up. It doesn't take that long.

Post liked by - Coderhash:_blocked:, LiberalLesbo:_trusted_user::_female::_boob::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Nasher:_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
    Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2023-06-09 00:53:06(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 715

Also because of my rank I also couldnt leave a post on "indexfroggy" profile saying congrats on hitting over 50k uploads,appreciate the hard work :_pirate:_pirate
    Onr day i will :_:o)

Post liked by - Coderhash:_blocked:, LiberalLesbo:_trusted_user::_female::_boob::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, CarolDanvers:_female::_sitelover::_kitty:, miok:_admin:
    miok:_admin:Posted at 2023-06-09 01:27:43(46Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Master Lurker

Barharmar wrote:

Also because of my rank I also couldnt leave a post on "indexfroggy" profile saying congrats on hitting over 50k uploads,appreciate the hard work :_pirate:_pirate
    Onr day i will :_:o)
    indexFroggy:_trusted_uploader::_sitelover::_junkie: might see your post here.
    There's always a way forward. :_pirate

Post liked by - hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, Coderhash:_blocked:, LiberalLesbo:_trusted_user::_female::_boob::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, CarolDanvers:_female::_sitelover::_kitty:
    StormChaser2014:_male::_turtle:Posted at 2023-08-30 22:17:24(34Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 7
    Uploads: 1

miok wrote:

Nasher wrote:

For the time being, only members with "trusted" status, or above are being granted chat access. This is a work in progress and may or may not change in the future.
    Why did this happen?   I've been here for a while, and even was an uploader once.

Post liked by - hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
    miok:_admin:Posted at 2023-08-30 22:49:36(34Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Master Lurker

StormChaser2014 wrote:

miok wrote:

Nasher wrote:

Why did this happen?   I've been here for a while, and even was an uploader once.
    As we grow, site security threats grow with us. We're always having to employ new methods to keep our members safe without being anymore invasive than absolutely necessary.

Post liked by - Balerion:_trusted_user::_male::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
    Pajamas0114Posted at 2023-09-03 09:23:03(33Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

miok wrote:

StormChaser2014 wrote:

miok wrote:

Nasher wrote:

As we grow, site security threats grow with us. We're always having to employ new methods to keep our members safe without being anymore invasive than absolutely necessary.
    Understandable, but if Chat isn't going to be available for 95% of your user base, it might be a good idea to remove or hide it from the home page.  It's only going to cause confusion and frustration.

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:, miok:_admin:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, xJOHNNYx:_blocked:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
    Soup:_trusted_user:Posted at 2023-09-04 02:25:42(33Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 489
    Uploads: 76

Pajamas0114 wrote:

It's only going to cause confusion and frustration.
    You have to be confused and frustrated to go in there in the first place :_:-):_:-):_:-):_facepalm

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, hayzee56:_moderator::_male:
    Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2023-09-04 15:51:18(33Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 7051

Image error
    :_facepalm

Last edited by Superbikemike on 2023-09-04 15:51:38

Post liked by - DinoFlicks:_male::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, miok:_admin:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
    Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:Posted at 2023-09-04 16:27:55(33Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 655

Nasher wrote:

hello you can participate in the ff:

https://torrentgalaxy.to/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=2285  (Goodmorning and gight threadh ) = say good morning when you sign in , then say goodnight before you sleep etc

https://torrentgalaxy.to/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=2740 ( Tgx spam thread ) post anything :D no xxx

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:

Sitefriends