How to download on Torrent Galaxy

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-08 08:10:58(311Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3126
Uploads: 0

How to download on Torrent Galaxy

The downloaded files are not actually on Torrent Galaxy. Here you can just find the .torrent files that help you download your files.

In order to download any torrent from this site you need to download and install a torrent client program. Here is a list of some torrent client programs with a link:
µTorrent
qBitTorrent
Vuze
BitTorrent

The principal of torrent exchange through a torrent client when downloaders also seed:

Image error

In this tutorial µTorrent will be used to show how to download. Other torrent clients may work a bit different.

Some torrent terms:

Leech - A leech is a person who is participating in file sharing. That is, a person who is transferring a file using P2P technology.

Peer - A peer is someone who is downloading a torrent. Sometimes the downloaded parts are also uploaded to other peers.

Seed - A seed is someone who has 100% of the torrent and is only uploading to peers.

Seeding - Seeding means leaving the torrent open and available for other users to download. This is very important to keep a torrent available for everyone. Try to at least seed a torrent you downloaded at in a ratio 1:1.

.torrent file - A .torrent file contains metadata for torrent clients about files and folders to be distributed. It usually also has a list of the network locations of trackers. A torrent file contains only information about those files and folders, such as their names, sizes, folder structure, and cryptographic hash values for verifying file integrity. It does not contain the actual files and folders that are to be distributed, but only the info needed by the torrent client to start downloading.

Torrent client - A torrent client is a computer program that implements the torrent protocol.  It sends and/or receive files when a person uses a torrent client on his or her Internet-connected computer.

How to download from Torrent Galaxy:
Search the torrent on Torrent Galaxy. Go to the torrent. You can use the magnet-link or first download the .torrent file. When one of the two does not work, you can try the other method.

Using magnet-link:
Step 1.  Click on the magnet link on the torrent page.

Image error

Step 2. If you have not started up your torrent client, the torrent client will start up. When the torrent client is working, a screen will pop up.

Image error

Step 3. Click on "OK" and the torrent will start downloading.

Image error

4. After the torrent is fully downloaded, you can double click on the torrent to open the file containing the downloaded torrent.

Image error

Using the download button:
Step 1. Click on the download button on the torrent page to download the .torrent file.

Image error

Step 2. Click on the downloaded .torrent file. In Google Chrome the file will show at the bottom of the screen.

Image error

Step 3. If you have not started up your torrent client, the torrent client will start up. When the torrent client is working, a screen will pop up.

Image error

Step 4. Click on "OK" and the torrent will start downloading.

Image error

Step 5. After the torrent is fully downloaded, you can double click on the torrent to open the file containing the downloaded torrent.

Image error

Downloading only parts of a torrent:
In uTorrent is possible to download only the parts you want from a torrent. This is how you can do it.

Step 1. Open the torrent by using either the magnet-link or clicking on the downloaded .torrent file. A new window will open.

Image error

Step 2. Don't click on "OK", but first select the files you want to download.

Image error

Step 3. After you selected the files, press on "OK". Only the files you selected will be downloaded. The other ones will be skipped.

Image error

Step 4. When the downloading is completed, you can open the containing file by double clicking on the torrent. Just the same as when you download a complete torrent.

Rating a torrent:
You can rate a torrent by giving it a stars ranging from 1 up to 5. You need an account for this. Anonymous user can't rate.

Below the download buttons you will find the torrent rating option. Go with your mouse over the stars and click on the number of stars that you want to give the torrent.

Image error

The meaning of the number of stars:
One star: Bad
Two stars: Subpar
Three stars: Average
Four stars: Good
Five stars: perfect.

Note: Your rating should be based on the torrent, quality of the upload and/or the care put into the whole process. Do NOT rate the uploader personally or the content of the movie, book, episode or whatever is in the torrent.

Say thank you to the uploader:
Uploaders usually put a lot of time in creating their torrents. Please say thank you to an uploader by commenting on the torrent. You can do this on the comments tab of the torrent on Torrent Galaxy.

Image error

Seeding:
If there is no one seeding, a torrent will no longer be available to download. After you downloaded a torrent, please always seed a torrent to at least a ration of 1:1 in order to give other users also the chance to download a torrent.

Image error

Last edited by miok on 2020-06-03 12:42:36

Post liked by - Melg:_trusted_user::_female:, Sammii71, muzakman:_male:, GROO:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-07-19 12:23:07(297Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3126

Also see Swarms, seeding, leeching, being a peer
for more info about downloading and how it works.:)

Last edited by Mafketel on 2020-11-22 15:44:11

Post liked by - SweetSkunk:_blocked:
Musicbuoy:_male:Posted at 2020-06-02 15:41:28(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5

Which of the listed clients is most favored among Torrent Galaxy members, I've been using uTorrent for awhile but seems to be different now and I'd like to change to another but not sure which.

Any help and or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post liked by - SweetSkunk:_blocked:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2020-06-02 15:56:44(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2095
Uploads: 303

Musicbuoy wrote:

Which of the listed clients is most favored among Torrent Galaxy members, I've been using uTorrent for awhile but seems to be different now and I'd like to change to another but not sure which.

Thanks in advance.
qBitTorrent is very popular and use it myself (link at top of the page)

Post liked by - SweetSkunk:_blocked:, miok:_admin:, Deep61:_moderator:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2020-06-02 17:32:56(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 847
Uploads: 6586

Transmission here. :)

https://transmissionbt.com/download/

(I notice 3.00 is now the 'latest', I have not tried that yet)

Edit: Downloaded and installed 3.00, it seems to be working just fine. B)

Last edited by battlestar on 2020-06-02 18:27:34

Post liked by - Pyramidion, Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, SweetSkunk:_blocked:, Deep61:_moderator:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, miok:_admin:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2020-06-02 18:55:37(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4245

Musicbuoy wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Ttorrent Pro
The best for tablet and phone (android based)
It also lets you create  .torrent files

Post liked by - Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Alien4:_trusted_user:, Deep61:_moderator:, miok:_admin:
Musicbuoy:_male:Posted at 2020-06-03 07:47:27(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Thanks for your replies, I'm going to try out all your suggestions and will report back when I decide which is best suited to myself.

Post liked by - Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-06-03 09:22:24(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 784
Uploads: 133

from original post:

"Say thank you to the uploader:
Uploaders usually put a lot of time in creating their torrents. Please say thank you to an uploader by commenting on the torrent. You can do this on the comments tab of the torrent on Torrent Galaxy. You need an account for this.
Anonymous users can't comment."

How times have changed....      seems this needs an update. :D

Last edited by SweetSkunk on 2020-06-03 09:26:09

Post liked by - Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
miok:_admin:Posted at 2020-06-03 12:43:39(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Master Lurker
Reppoints: 5770
Uploads: 3449

SweetSkunk wrote:

from original post:

"Say thank you to the uploader:
Uploaders usually put a lot of time in creating their torrents. Please say thank you to an uploader by commenting on the torrent. You can do this on the comments tab of the torrent on Torrent Galaxy. You need an account for this.
Anonymous users can't comment."

How times have changed....      seems this needs an update. :D
Done.
Thanks Skunk.

Post liked by - Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
Musicbuoy:_male:Posted at 2020-06-03 17:27:26(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I normally do thank up loaders, I think I've posted on here somewhere about thanking up loaders and more importantly I always seed. Until recently when I re-installed uTorrent my ratio was reading 1:638 and I think that should of read more.

So yes I agree that up-loaders should be thanked, I have uploaded to sites many years ago so have an idea of the time and efforts people go to to bring us all FREE entertainment.

I also understand why people don't seed as much nowadays, I think it's because more people use laptops now whereas years ago people used desktops which in general would have much bigger harddrives and being more robust could be left on round the clock.

Csabaxb:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-06-03 18:27:09(199Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1236

Musicbuoy wrote:

I normally do thank up loaders, I think I've posted on here somewhere about thanking up loaders and more importantly I always seed. Until recently when I re-installed uTorrent my ratio was reading 1:638 and I think that should of read more.

So yes I agree that up-loaders should be thanked, I have uploaded to sites many years ago so have an idea of the time and efforts people go to to bring us all FREE entertainment.

I also understand why people don't seed as much nowadays, I think it's because more people use laptops now whereas years ago people used desktops which in general would have much bigger harddrives and being more robust could be left on round the clock.
yes, true, home users with laptop don't make big ratio during heat problem, or laziness, no interest
Musicbuoy, qbittorrent it's the best client, easy on cpu and ram, and it's much recommended  for fibre connection, over a 100 Mb
my  qbittorrent is setting to make seed to 3 ratio

ReadThis:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-30 22:03:30(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3470

I'm a bit confused? Angelina writes above the meaning of stars when conducting a rating on TG.

Maybe I'm old school or have been doing it differently on IMDb and other torrent sites and maybe others have been here as well.  Luckily another friend on the site who has been here awhile explained to me how he has been doing the ratings on  here and sent me the link to here.

After reading above, my understanding is to rate the "stars" NOT just based on the movie but more so on the A/ V of the upload quality as well.
So for example, if TG releases a CAM version of a movie that I thought was "excellent" and really enjoyed, of course......I normally would rate that a 5 stars but since it's a CAM the A/V should bring the "star" rating in "total" down to a 3 or 4??

Normally, I would give it a 5 star and down below write a review, thanking the uploader and doing a A=x V=x and M=x where x is an integer from 1-10.  I believed most people on the site were doing it this way?  Is this a poor way or wrong way to look at it?

Thanks,
RT :_:)

Post liked by - NatalieNY:_trusted_user::_female:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-30 22:29:30(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2185
Uploads: 411

There is conflicting views on this, I use the star rating for quality of the file not for my enjoyment of the movie/series/etc.

Post liked by - Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-04-30 22:46:15(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5800

You could use the star rating for the quality of the movie and audio :) Like sherb said :) you could always write your thoughts on the movie maybe give it a rating out of 5 also :)

Thank you :)

Post liked by - Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, GodAndUlster:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-30 23:04:04(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 840
Uploads: 4931

ReadThis wrote:

Normally, I would give it a 5 star and down below write a review, thanking the uploader and doing a A=x V=x and M=x where x is an integer from 1-10.  I believed most people on the site were doing it this way?  Is this a poor way or wrong way to look at it?
In short > Torrent sites Rating/Feedback system is: Rate the movie/audio considering the Torrent quality, sound, picture, etc! And put valuable feedback to thank uploader and share quality experience.

This rating not belongs to any experiences while watching movies, listening music, this belongs to IMDB where anyone can share experience or put their thoughts how satisfied or unsatisfied they are watching the movie.

Example for newbies who think rating system is opinions base system to share experiences on content making: You bought a LED via Amazon who holds the product dealership, and you took your package from FedEx, if the LED has an issue inside the software, you can report to Amazon not to FedEx, same goes the feedback, you may feedback on Amazon about service, not on FedEx, so, Rate movies/music according to its quality and sound, other opinions welcome on IDMB or directly to content makers!

Hope this helps to understand the basic purposes, Cheers :_:)

Post liked by - Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:, SevenT:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
ReadThis:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-05-01 05:13:35(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3470

I understand what you all are saying and you bring up valid points, however, your only considering "movie" and audio, what about the video or visual portion of the movie.  My example above mentioned where you have a CAM/TS version where the quality of the video is not going to be good, hence,, the movie could be perfect in content, however why  should it be penalized because one didn't wait for a better version such as even the Blu-Ray to come  out which of course would give us much better quality on audio and video in this example.

When the ratings come out on IMDB,,,,it's always out of a scale of 10, not 5.....why re-invent the wheel???

The stars IMHO for each movie in TG's are going to be subjective because there are to many factors if you want to consider  audio into the equation, with different formats, and many watching on different qualities of phones, televisions, graphics, but agree in thanking each uploader but the 5 stars will always and should always reflect the movie...so that's why you see some give it a 5 and some give it a 1, it can't because the audio was that horrible, did you ever stop and think they gave it a low star and didn't write a review bc they didn't like the movie!!! Kind of intuitive and a no-brainer! :):_:)

Thanks
RT:_:)

Last edited by Mafketel on 2021-05-01 05:59:01

Post liked by - NatalieNY:_trusted_user::_female:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2021-05-01 06:08:03(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4245

The rating/review system is for both.
To let peeps know how the quality is vid and audio.
Meanwhile you can thank the uploader for their work which is always a good thing and share your experience in short.
The stars..... Well that's debatable....
Is it for a total picture, for the quality or as personal opinion....
I see it as a rating for the quality...
But that's my opinion only.... :_:-@

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-05-01 06:32:32(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

a lot of peeps watch cams :) in the past i have seen some really good ones so in my opinion why rate it bad if it past the mark :) Its is still a mixed debate because some might give the movie a less star rating just because they dont like it but we all have our own taste in movies :) some one might like something that has been rated low , actually have seen this with movie critics they have given a movie a good rating when i have watched and thought mmm that was was not as good as they say and then vice verse with a bad movie where i have actually thought it was good :) Giving thanks to uploaders or a review is a wonderful thing to do because they put a lot of time and effort into them :)

sorry if you prefer to give it a rating out of 10 like IMDb then all good :) it was just a suggestion out of 5 :)

have a great day :) :_love

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-05-01 08:39:59(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2185
Uploads: 411

With everyone having different views of what is and what's not a good movie is, this makes the star rating system useless IMO.

I use the star rating for rating the condition of the torrent itself.....  ie: for a movie, does it pixelate, is it in/out of sync/does it stutter etc. If it's a cam then it's almost always going to be of shitty viewing quality but the torrent itself is good with everything in sync etc.

I would then use the comments section to moan about how shitty or how good the viewing quality of the cam is, and also to comment on my views of the actual movie itself.

This is always going to be a debatable subject, but it does say 'Torrent rating' not 'Movie/Music/App/Ebook rating'

Just my opinion and I will continue to rate this way :_:)

Post liked by - Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
SevenT:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-05-01 09:08:35(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 374

I agree with you sherb.... but most of the files I have downloaded from Galaxy are usually excellent quality (OK I wouldn't know bit rates even if they bit me in the bum) so when I do try to rate a movie I will fess-up and say I know nothing about the techie stuff (unless the quality is really annoying.)

So I have tried to limit my comments to say "Yes this was really good video and sound - many thanx to the uploader" and then give a little diatribe about why I think this movie/programme was worth watching (or not)... BUT if the watching experience was not to my liking I tend to keep it to myself - one man's dog-dinner is another dog's feast...  It's just my opinion... and like everyone knows that everyone has an opinion just like everyone has a clitoris... sorry... vagina... sorry (doesn't everyone have those?) I meant penis, unless you are transgender in which case you probably had all of that tackle whipped off.... No that was a trans phobic comment for which I immediately apologize to all those lads who have had their wobbly bits chopped off and to all those trans-females who got the aforementioned 'bits' grafted onto their lady parts....

Anywho... I seem to have fugged up this post so far.... point is that virtually all of the files that I have seen from Galaxy so far deserve a 5/5 rating so I can't really see the point in reviewers merely reviewing files on their technical quality - they all seem good so far. I would like a bit more of the old Barry Norman (a big BBC film reviewer in the 70's-2000) touch with these reviews.

It doesn't have to be overbearing stuff but just personal opinions - just like noses, everybody's got one - just some are bigger than others!!

Okay - it is late in the morning, I am tired and I really shouldn't have got involved with this...

Nitey-nite

7T

Post liked by - Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:Posted at 2021-05-01 11:28:50(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5690

I Get this same Question asked of Me Often..
And this is what i PM them..

Torrent Star Ratings are Based on the Video & Audio Quality..
Adding a Torrent Rating 2-3-4 or whatever should give peeps an idea of the Video & Audio Quality.
But that Doesn't always work because the Video Quality might be good & the Audio Quality not so much & Vice Versa.
So a low Torrent Star Rating might have something to do with either of those issues..
That's why that way of Rating a Torrent can seem so Inconsistent and Confusing..
Also that Rating has nothing to do with the Movie's Story line or Acting..
So don't take much notice of the Torrent Star Rating because that doesn't tell you whether the Torrent is Worth Watching or Not..
Hopefully by Adding eg Audio 8 Video 8 or Audio 9 Video 7 & a review/comment Should give Peeps a better idea Overall if it's worth considering..

And Like sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
I will Continue to Rate this way  :_:)

Post liked by - Oink:_blocked:, joeb1kenbarbie:_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
TheIndianPirate:_male:Posted at 2021-05-01 11:35:37(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0

can anyone please help me how make torrent and share files to other's ?

Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-05-01 11:59:08(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

TheIndianPirate wrote:

can anyone please help me how make torrent and share files to other's ?
oooh i see you have already posted something similar before asking for help and members and staff helped you in the right direction :)

https://torrentgalaxy.to/forums.php?action=viewtopic&topicid=1166

There is quite a long list of wonderful tutorials and links to help you on your way :) once you understand then maybe try for trial uploader but may i suggest we generally are looking for uploaders with a little more experience :)

Thank you :)

Post liked by - TheIndianPirate:_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
MoviePiratePosted at 2021-11-01 10:51:19(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0

Hello there, how can i request a movie? I've been looking for this movie, but i find dead torrents everywhere, here no result. I tried on WSM, but an 1 year old torrents are dead, now i can't download that movie.

JFH1620:_blocked:Posted at 2021-11-01 10:52:50(125Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 355

i believe this is the link :)
https://torrentgalaxy.to/forums.php?action=viewforum&forumid=7

Last edited by JFH1620 on 2021-11-01 10:53:02

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:

Sitefriends

User Art

To submit your artwork, follow this link.