Site problems

sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-27 07:19:58(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2185
Uploads: 411

Mafketel wrote:

[/quote]

Tried clearing cache and cookies?
Maybe updating browsers?
Yes and yes: same issue
Both browsers up to date: same issue
All addons/themes disabled: same issue
VPN off/on: same issue
DNS cache flushed: same issue
My security off/on: same issue

When I run FireFox in troubleshoot mode (Your extensions, themes, and custom settings will be temporarily disabled) the problem is resolved, but it doesn't help me narrow down what's actually causing the problem, and I have made no custom settings in FF. So I'm at a lose. :_help

It's not a major problem, more annoying as I have to leave the tab and return so I can refresh. As I said, this is only happening here on TGx, nowhere else.....strange indeed.

So still looking for suggestions while I continue to try and resolve it.

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-27 07:59:28(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 840
Uploads: 4931

sherb wrote:

Well, if we talk about Firefox, as you have mentioned you have made all steps, and it only belongs to TGx, that's weird, though!!

While you clear cache/cookies the name ''Cached web content'' may also reduce load from the browser, as it cache the web things again when you visit them afterward, but this data can help to reduce load from the browser, did you remove it?

Besides using troubleshooting mode, why not you just Reset the Firefox to default? Might be some settings gets changed without your concern, so resetting may put FF back to work, but before you do, check for updates then reset.

BTW, did you try creating a new Profile in FF? :_help It helps the most when Profile gets damaged causes cookies and cache (means you try cleaning, but it won't get done properly, it happens, usually due to specific reasons), so creating a new profile under a different location may help to troubleshoot such things, as I can read, you have mentioned you have done almost all other tricks.

Also, if the 2nd browser you're using is Chrome? Then try in Incognito Mode

I hope this helps, and do let me know! Cheers :_:)

EDITED: To mention a little more that may helps!

Last edited by Prom3th3uS on 2021-04-27 08:11:34

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-04-27 08:28:29(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1260
Uploads: 2329

Image error

Maybe try one of the alternative addresses like .MX

Last edited by BigJ0554 on 2021-04-27 08:29:58

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2021-04-27 10:07:09(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4245
Uploads: 0

sherb wrote:

Tried clearing cache and cookies?
Maybe updating browsers?

Yes and yes: same issue
Both browsers up to date: same issue
All addons/themes disabled: same issue
VPN off/on: same issue
DNS cache flushed: same issue
My security off/on: same issue

When I run FireFox in troubleshoot mode (Your extensions, themes, and custom settings will be temporarily disabled) the problem is resolved, but it doesn't help me narrow down what's actually causing the problem, and I have made no custom settings in FF. So I'm at a lose. :_help

It's not a major problem, more annoying as I have to leave the tab and return so I can refresh. As I said, this is only happening here on TGx, nowhere else.....strange indeed.

Reading that once you disable the extensions, themes ect...
You mean the scripts I assume.
Think that they somehow create a conflict with the browsers.
Maybe a new profile as Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle: suggested might solve the issue.

Last edited by Mafketel on 2021-04-27 10:08:11

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:, brightshadow:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-04-27 11:30:04(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5800

have you tried a netsh winsock reset sweetie or maybe just unplug the modem/router for a little bit to see if that can resolve it :) :_love:_love:_love

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-27 20:12:33(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

ShhweetSkunk wrote:

"Some pages on TGx wont allow me to refresh/reload"
  Sounds like the reason.....   is simply when the page. . . . . . .  hasn't finished loading yet.

Why might this be ?

Well, lately TGx picture host has been down @ times (you may have heard)...      
Meaning images pulling from said host are often missing.         (especially when encountering a NEW image)

The browser  waits... & waits... & waits...
This is when the issue first occurred.

Regarding others...

Cached web content has been cleaned.

Haven't created a new profile yet, will do that if I can't find problem.

Don't see how it can be a conflict as when all extensions are disabled the issue is still present, only when FF is in troubleshoot mode is the issue fixed.

Resetting FF is a last choice.

Thanks folks, will get back when I have the time, busy with work lately.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ShhweetSkunk:_blocked:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Soup:_trusted_user:, miok:_admin:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-28 07:25:43(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Update for above issue

Created a new profile in FF and the issue is still happening, clean profile with no addons, nothing imported or anything else. :_facepalm

It's beginning to look like reset......... but not yet!

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-04-28 07:47:31(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

oh dear :( sorry i wondered if a restoring your pc back to when all this happened might work sweetie before a reset :_love:_love:_love

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-28 08:02:49(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

sherb wrote:

Oh man,
we all almost added every solution but still you're failed, looks like a ghost behind the machine not letting you finish reloading pages, LOL

Yes, as Ange1 mentioned, restore system to the earlier date.

Extension, profile, reset, etc., did you try to find of anything under Plugin's? :_help check if there is any outdated plug-in usually Java environments stuff, or any unwelcome plug-in took place? Go for it.

What about Adware? Did anyone cover it earlier? Try Adware cleaner, Also, Hardware acceleration, did you try tuning it off? What about the default theme in FF, it sometime messes with such things.

Lastly, if you forget everything for a minute, why not use CCleaner? It can trash, fix every registry, junk, etc., and it back to job.

Don't panic, we are here we are listening, and we are here to walk with you until it get resolved :)

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-04-28 08:17:26(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

oooh well done sweetie :) just sent a pm regarding ccleaner lol oooh you read my mind hee hee :) also asked to check to make sure any antivirus or so on has been updated to make sure it is not set for the previous versions of FF :) :_love:_love:_love

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-04-28 12:11:15(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1260
Uploads: 2329

sherb wrote:

Update for above issue

Created a new profile in FF and the issue is still happening, clean profile with no addons, nothing imported or anything else. :_facepalm

Image error

If FF is stuck loading something then it should show you at the bottom left of your screen like this

Do you have any external ad blocker or VPN ad blocker feature or anything?

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-28 17:58:31(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

@BigJ

The most common one it gets stuck on is hosted.muses.org, but others also appear.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, miok:_admin:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-29 00:49:22(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

sherb wrote:

@BigJ

The most common one it gets stuck on is hosted.muses.org, but others also appear.
Isn't it Audio/Video playback?

If it is then Go to Settings > Privacy & Security > Autoplay > search it to change the behavior for this host, Allow/Block/Block audio/block video, else, block/unblock for the default behavior, try changing the option for this playback host and check again.

I doubt it's the connection base issue, means connection communication getting interrupt while ping, interruption while connecting kind of stuff, firewall also included, check if FF allowed for both network private/public.

Optional: Deep clean FF, uninstall with CCleaner, and reboot, install a fresh one from official site under you compatibility mode, and check, I'm sure it will solve the issue. (Don't panic, if you want to keep bookmarks, export them before cleaning)

Anyway, try it and this time if you get failed, kindly, provide some Screenshots man, it shall help us, make specific screenshots while you visit, what you refresh, how to look while stuck, etc, or GIF animation, make a short video or something.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
miok:_admin:Posted at 2021-04-29 01:23:22(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Master Lurker
Reppoints: 5770
Uploads: 3449

Make sure muses.org isn't being blocked by any add blockers, script blockers, Ghostery,  etc.
If that isn't it, try making sure muses.org is blocked. The TGx radio will no longer load but if that's what's hanging, it might help.
Though I don't know why it would hang for you and no one else.
I'm just grasping for straws at this point.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:
bigboy12:_moderator::_male:Posted at 2021-04-29 01:50:45(152Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
The Axeman
Reppoints: 8931

Not sure if this would work but when I was having issues sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle: suggested I do a restore .Worked for me.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-29 19:48:40(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Ok, I'm just going to go for a clean install.....
No point with a screen shot or video, all it's going to show is the X instead of the Image error
Everything I've tried and you all suggested has failed apart from a system restore, I'm not prepared to restore my whole system just to fix this, so clean install me thinks.

Thank you all very much for helping me to try and remedy this niggling issue 👍 it's been very much appreciated :_:)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:, TERRYTIPTOES:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
TERRYTIPTOES:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-29 22:39:44(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 153

I was admin on a BBCode site a few years back that was experiencing issues, a clean install sorted out the bugs. Its probably a simple thing but to find it isn't worth the time. As much as we love problem solving :_B)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, GodAndUlster:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-29 23:15:50(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Update

all suggested fixes from here and other places tried (except system restore)
several cleaners etc have been used
antivirus off
disables this and that and rebooted
all traces of FF removed removed
all profiles deleted
reinstalled FF afresh

Yet still the issue persists in TGx only :_facepalm

So in a fit of rage I have removed all instances Firefox...... it shall not darken my door again :_:-@

Have fixed the issue (and another) in Pale Moon, and as PM is my main browser all is good now :_:)

Thanks again folks :_:)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, TERRYTIPTOES:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
TERRYTIPTOES:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-29 23:20:45(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 153

Feck them foxes... lol. So glad you have resolution...:_B)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-29 23:30:02(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 6906

been using fox and not a problem ..
then tor and edge last resort opera

edge takes the least ram, tor, next , fox has become a sucker , and opera will suck the 32gigs out of your reach ...:_facepalm

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-29 23:35:49(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

sherb wrote:

Have fixed the issue
Here we go, I was willing to hear these words from the day one, so do other friends, I'm glad the issue has been resolved, Some short notes to keep an eye on them to keep FF working like a charm.

0. Enhanced Tracking Protection > Standard
1. Block pop-up windows > Tick
2. Warn you when websites try to install add-ons > Tick
3. Block dangerous downloads > Tick
4. Warn you about unwanted and uncommon software > Tick
5. Don’t enable HTTPS-Only Mode > Tick
6. Use recommended performance settings
7. Always use default theme
(A few of them already configured by default, so all you have to do is to check if anything suddenly unchecked)

And, Always check for updates, keep your bookmarks under your FF profile including sync everything, you won't lose if FF ever crash, just login via new FF and everything gets back to work.

Good luck & see ya around :_:)

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-29 23:44:21(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Superbikemike wrote:

edge takes the least ram, tor, next , fox has become a sucker , and opera will suck the 32gigs out of your reach ...:_facepalm
Pale Moon (XUL) 6 tabs open, 460 ish MB/s :_:D

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
miok:_admin:Posted at 2021-04-30 01:31:50(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Master Lurker

Superbikemike wrote:

I run several browsers and Opera uses less resources than most.

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
miok:_admin:Posted at 2021-04-30 01:43:43(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Master Lurker

I have 16 extensions running and 19 tabs open in Opera at the moment and it's using 777 MB of ram

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-30 03:09:57(151Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 6906

ok now thats just weird its killing me could not even stream a movie the other day....
any hints no extensions at all nadda setting maybe ??
:_facepalm

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:

Sitefriends

User Art

To submit your artwork, follow this link.