Radio Stream Ripping

TJ101:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-12-01 07:46:23(177Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 15
Uploads: 881

I'm thinking about uploading a radio talk show, i could download the stream but the problem is it also includes the commercial breaks and songs, i would have to manually remove those from the file which is actually a lot of work. So i wanted to know if there is any software/script that you guys are aware of which i can use to remove/detect commercials, it would be a great help.

Post liked by - BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:
SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-12-01 17:00:27(177Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 784
Uploads: 133

TJ101 wrote:

I'm thinking about uploading a radio talk show, i could download the stream but the problem is it also includes the commercial breaks and songs, i would have to manually remove those from the file which is actually a lot of work. So i wanted to know if there is any software/script that you guys are aware of which i can use to remove/detect commercials, it would be a great help.
Heard some ppl talking about this exact thing in Lobby yesterday.

Will try to redirect them here,   maybe they can suggest software.  8)

Post liked by - TJ101:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:, BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
TJ101:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-12-02 05:10:35(177Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Were they asking for the software or they actually have something like this?

BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2020-12-02 07:16:51(177Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1255
Uploads: 2343

SweetSkunk wrote:

TJ101 wrote:

From what I recall,  the discussion was about  using  some software to edit/remove/detect commercials..

Am sure some others will chime in with more info. O:-D
Jan mentioned she was going to ask her hubby to create an automated way, if possible, but I don't know when.

At the moment it seems u have to do it the hard way, I use NCH for editing ads out of CNN videos, I guess u could do it with audio too

Post liked by - SweetSkunk:_blocked:
TJ101:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-12-02 07:39:20(177Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

BigJ0554 wrote:

SweetSkunk wrote:

TJ101 wrote:

From what I recall,  the discussion was about  using  some software to edit/remove/detect commercials..

Jan mentioned she was going to ask her hubby to create an automated way, if possible, but I don't know when.

At the moment it seems u have to do it the hard way, I use NCH for editing ads out of CNN videos, I guess u could do it with audio too
I think it would be easy for the video because we could detect the channel logo or screen goes black for few seconds at the beginning/end of the commercials. But the case of audio file is completely different.

BigJ0554:_moderator::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2020-12-02 07:46:24(177Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1255
Uploads: 2343

TJ101 wrote:

BigJ0554 wrote:

SweetSkunk wrote:

TJ101 wrote:

I think it would be easy for the video because we could detect the channel logo or screen goes black for few seconds at the beginning/end of the commercials. But the case of audio file is completely different.
Audio is what i was talking about, like I said, I think Janor:_trusted_user::_female: is looking into automated ad removal from audio

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:

Sitefriends