Shifting magnet links from one torrent client to another

battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2020-08-13 23:26:36(213Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 847
Uploads: 6785

amalsk wrote:

battlestar wrote:

You need the actual torrent data files as well.
How do I get it if I haven't started the torrents? Only when I start the torrent does it download the .torrent file as well as the main file right? I've only just magnet-ed them and haven't started the torrents yet.
Umm ok, why are you messing about trying to move them.

If your downgrading uTorrent, you'll be fine.
For any other client, just add them again as normal, that will be faster than any convoluted attempts at moving them.

Better still, download the proper .torrent files, so you get the actual trackers the torrents use, most magnet links are just guesses at popular trackers.

Post liked by - amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-08-14 01:32:14(213Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 784
Uploads: 133

battlestar wrote:

Umm ok, why are you messing about trying to move them.
Well, it's all written out on the 1st page :facepalm

battlestar wrote:

If your downgrading uTorrent, you'll be fine.
For any other client, just add them again as normal, that will be faster than any convoluted attempts at moving them.
convoluted, eh? :D         and here I thought I was being remotely helpful. :D

Post liked by - amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
amalsk:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-08-14 04:05:26(213Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 635
Uploads: 0

Thanks a ton to both of you guys SweetSkunk:_blocked: and battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie: I am probably going to do it again manually. I have the screenshot of the whole of my uTorrent downloads page and know what series I have magneted. And after all, we do have this site and uploaders like battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie: and many awesome guys for uploading TV Packs, so I know exactly where to look and ask. :) :love

Thanks a ton really to both of you. If at all I come across a solution much simpler, other than this, I shall be reporting it over here so it will be helpful for the others as well. Until then, miok:_admin: or any staff can lock this thread. :love

Thanks again guys :love

Post liked by - sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
miok:_admin:Posted at 2020-08-15 11:45:58(213Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Master Lurker
Reppoints: 6004
Uploads: 3779

Topic closed at owners request
Image error