Enlarge a poster image

loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-25 18:33:11(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 45
Uploads: 241

What can one do with an image found like many at the movie database which show up small in a big box:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZjk1NTdkOWItNmJjYy00OTU2LTgwOTEtMTE5ZThmMjhhZjNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzEzNjI0ODQ@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I've seen better images when we discussed Dickensian which was my first upload to TGx.  The enlargement was sharp in focus  and
a good size.

In using the enlarge option in this editor what is a good size?   320 appeared when I selected  Image resize but I didn't go beyond that
with trial and error.

Post liked by - Bantoo, SweetSkunk:_blocked:
LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend:Posted at 2020-01-25 19:00:22(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 865
Uploads: 0

Image error

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZjk1NTdkOWItNmJjYy00OTU2LTgwOTEtMTE5ZThmMjhhZjNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzEzNjI0ODQ@._V1_.jpg

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, SweetSkunk:_blocked:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2020-01-25 22:36:26(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2240
Uploads: 157

Yes......If ever you need someone who can make something appear to look bigger than it actually is....Chief Budgie-Smuggler LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend: is the guy:-):-):-)

:D:P

Post liked by - LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Reaper:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-26 04:36:58(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Yes,  well it certainly is huge-- now.  Anytime you care to explain the reply I'm still here  (or close by.)

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-01-26 04:54:26(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 784
Uploads: 133

SweetSkunk wrote:

Here's how i find 'em,  using Google Chrome

Do a search https://www.google.com/search?q=red+hot+1993,  and goto Images

* then click the thumbnail (RED arrow)

* then right-click the large image (GREEN arrow)

* select "copy image address"

Image error

loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-26 05:46:16(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

B4ND1T69 wrote:

Yes......If ever you need someone who can make something appear to look bigger than it actually is....Chief Budgie-Smuggler LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend: is the guy:-):-):-)

:D:P
I just recalled where I saw the word budgie before.  Wasn't that a tune by the pop group Musical Youth?

SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-01-26 06:23:20(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

loninappleton wrote:

I just recalled where I saw the word budgie before.  Wasn't that a tune by the pop group Musical Youth?
perhaps you're thinking of "Dutchie" :-)

loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-26 18:13:05(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

My bad.  apologies.  It happens when you use memory only.

loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-26 18:19:12(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

After our interlude,  I opened up the link on Salome above and yes, it fits the screen as it should.
Am I missing an option in the View or Copy link to get that instead of the large borders?

SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-01-26 18:36:00(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

loninappleton wrote:

My bad.  apologies.  It happens when you use memory only.
No need to apologize, friend.. :)

SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-01-26 18:39:25(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

loninappleton wrote:

After our interlude,  I opened up the link on Salome above and yes, it fits the screen as it should.
Am I missing an option in the View or Copy link to get that instead of the large borders?
In the case of IMDB images... it seems if u remove a SPECIFIC part of the URL, u can get the HIRES version.  for ex:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTU3MDUyMDQxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI0NTM1MTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
Image error

remove the bits after _V1,   but keeping the .jpg          gives..

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTU3MDUyMDQxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTI0NTM1MTE@._V1.jpg
Image error

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, miok:_admin:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-26 20:03:26(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

A Salome I was not aware of.

Today I was struggling with another image failure to complete.  I got around it by saving as JPEG to the desktop and pointed to that.  But after the image is grabbed from the desktop is it safely copied or do I have to keep it or
maintain it some way?

The torrent was an existing share which I've maintained for years not knowing if the original index is even active.

I have the idea that I am an "only"  on many of these long term ones and if the tracker info shows all "1's" in the list.

The positive part of the day is I'm learning to edit torrents when I get the " too many trackers"  error,  then use an updated list from a seedbox which has adopted me.

I'll try the V-1 method next time I use an IMDb referent.  My current item is a radio pack.

Last edited by loninappleton on 2020-01-26 20:04:07

loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-26 20:14:38(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

One other thing on the torrent I joined from TGx:  A Goon Show radio pack.  I maintain a different one-- perhaps
different edits and quality.  Any restrictions on adding that?  It is not a duplication and it gets traffic off an on
regularly.  People still remember that stuff.  Then an index goes down someplace and it gets orphaned.

SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-01-28 02:47:50(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

loninappleton wrote:

Today I was struggling with another image failure to complete.  I got around it by saving as JPEG to the desktop and pointed to that.  But after the image is grabbed from the desktop is it safely copied or do I have to keep it or
maintain it some way?
Impressive... u have learned much  :idea:idea:idea

It is recommended to save the ENTIRE .torrent contents as part of a backup, etc...

whereas, cover images & descriptions...  can always be created on-the-fly B)

SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-01-28 02:51:07(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

loninappleton wrote:

One other thing on the torrent I joined from TGx:  A Goon Show radio pack.  I maintain a different one-- perhaps
different edits and quality.  Any restrictions on adding that?  It is not a duplication and it gets traffic off an on
regularly.  People still remember that stuff.  Then an index goes down someplace and it gets orphaned.
If u feel it's worth sharing..... share it B)

(if there's any credit to be given,  simply add it to description)

loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-28 18:47:57(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I'm confused on this reply since it involves who has what and where it came from.  My upload of the _torrent_
of another classic radio series received a caution from admins.  It lacks the TGx imprint and such because I've
run it for years since I found it.  Same with my Goon Show  (not the one that is now on TGx.)  I did not recode it.  I maintain it in my seeds.

Can you clarify?  I share out two DVD rips  of a tv pack called Honey West from the 1960's.  What is the
rule on bringing in such a tv pack?

loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-28 19:10:11(220Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

good success using that method from the desktop today:Image error

Post liked by - SweetSkunk:_blocked:
loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-01-31 21:44:19(219Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Is there a guideline posted on Attribution?  If not can the admins add one to the Uploader Club  stickies?

If for example a torrent is uploaded, then a different party changes the size for accessibility or adds user friendly edits or modifies the sound for such things as latenight viewing,  what does TGx want?  Avoid the recode altogether or request that attribution be given?  What if the original content has been 'abandoned'  and holds no active trackers?  Is there an obligation to attribute at all?

Last edited by loninappleton on 2020-01-31 21:48:40

SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-02-01 02:29:04(219Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

loninappleton wrote:

What if the original content has been 'abandoned'  and holds no active trackers?  Is there an obligation to attribute at all?
from site rules
  • Indexing torrents is not allowed (all .torrent files must be created by you).

So if original is abandoned/dead....       re-create as new  &  give credit if possible B)

•  
    loninappleton:_trusted_uploader::_junkie:Posted at 2020-02-01 05:09:03(219Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

For the series that I have archived I've been making new torrents of my own previously issued encodes
    with the TGx badge.    I've done this in most  cases.  And I'll be in mind of the rule for TGx recodes in the
    future.  As it is,    I have about a year's worth of  loninappleton media I'm trying to bring back from orphan state.

SweetSkunk:_blocked:Posted at 2020-02-01 06:45:18(219Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

loninappleton wrote:

If for example a torrent is uploaded, then a different party changes the size for accessibility or adds user friendly edits or modifies the sound for such things as latenight viewing,  what does TGx want?  Avoid the recode altogether or request that attribution be given?
    from site rules
  • Uploading/reuploading torrents from releasers who directly upload to TorrentGalaxy is not allowed without permission from said releaser.
  • When uploading other releasers work, their original nametags must be included in the torrent title.

So send uploader a PM, if he/she is ok with you re-uploading..   then cool.    
    I would also give 'credit to *MauriceL.........*' or whomever...   in the description B)

•  

Sitefriends