I'm NOT A Gamer. Anything To Change My Mind?

FUNKSW:_male:Posted at 2019-06-08 02:22:15(255Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 25
Uploads: 0

As is self explained by the title. I'm NOT a gamer, but what would you suggest to a guy like me?. And thanks, for taking the time :love

Okey so, I'm 42 y.o. :facepalm
Only experience is Pac-Man, well, a one-time only day back in the 80's. You see, I'm from Nicaragua. The war was hot and places like Arcades here well, that was a sad joke. So yes, a one-time ever experience.

After that. A neighbour had an Atari, but, all the kids in the block used to try and play with that magical, almost voodooist-thing :P
So I said "Bollocks, mate, this ain't for me alright!". Then Tetris and Solitaire from my brand new Windows Me (I told you, 42 y.o.) and then nothing.

So. I'm thinking that my cirrhosis can take it someday, so, instead of buzz; video games, right?. I'm thinking something for my pc to watch and play with my 32 inches tv.

And that's my dumb sad story, can you help?

Post liked by - LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2019-06-08 12:51:38(255Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2090
Uploads: 303

It might be a idea to say what sort of PC you have as PC games have different requirements

Post liked by - FUNKSW:_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2019-06-08 13:00:27(255Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2205
Uploads: 416

I only game on a PS4 and even then I only play Gran Turismo, Red Dead2 and Tomb Raider type games.

:o)

LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend:Posted at 2019-06-08 14:23:09(255Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 865

I have a Ps4 also that was bought for the kids but i just can't get into games any more, I always prefered RPG (role play games) and  platform games even bought some of the retro games systems like the snes (super nintendo) for the old marios but it's not the same on the modern Tv.
Never played games on the Pc still it's a blast from the past with the commodore and atari game systems, them were the day's ehh lol btw we are the same age :-(

Post liked by - FUNKSW:_male:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2019-06-08 16:19:39(255Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2205
Uploads: 416

I remember blisters on the palm of the hand from the Atari joy stick lol, went with sega as soon as they came on the market, all consoles. Then onto Playstations when sega died off. I use my ps4 as my bluray player rather than gaming.

Post liked by - FUNKSW:_male:
FUNKSW:_male:Posted at 2019-06-16 14:01:55(253Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

First of all, thank u guys for taking the time. Ok, so, my computer (PC) is like out of space, jajaja, ok no. Well, the thing is intel core i7 2.40GHz, RAM 6.00 GB,  OS 64 bits Windows 8.1, that is all I found about it 8o

Post liked by - RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2019-06-16 14:12:36(253Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

FUNKSW wrote:

First of all, thank u guys for taking the time. Ok, so, my computer (PC) is like out of space, jajaja, ok no. Well, the thing is intel core i7 2.40GHz, RAM 6.00 GB,  OS 64 bits Windows 8.1, that is all I found about it 8o
With that sort of Hardware you would have wide choice, what graphics card you have would determine whether you could play shot them ups
or games that are graphic intensive.
I have tended to like Civilization games in the past but that has been my choice and huge graphics requirement not an issue there :)

Post liked by - FUNKSW:_male:, iCMAL:_blocked:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2019-06-17 18:38:15(253Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 7051

Lets see waste hours of your day sitting in front of a screen not giving you anythign other then a quick rush piss off the g/f by ignoring her while playing yeah no cant think of one reason to change your mind ... :facepalm :facepalm

Post liked by - FUNKSW:_male:, Sky:_blocked:
FUNKSW:_male:Posted at 2019-06-30 13:54:18(251Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

TY u guys once again. Unfortunately my Laptop is dying or should I say my hard drive. The point is, either I get me a new one or improve the one that I currently have.

Today an "IT" guy is coming over to help me with that decision, but, considering all your comments, I'm basically good for anything of my choice, so thanks one more time. Now all I need is to fix my laptop and the sky would be the limit.

Luv ya'll :love

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2019-06-30 14:23:51(251Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

If it is your hard drive on the way out, it might be worth considering a Samsung EVO SSD,  5 year warranty and no moving parts,
they no as expensive as they used to be :)

Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2019-06-30 16:12:02(251Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 835
Uploads: 4931

FUNKSW wrote:

Unfortunately my Laptop is dying or should I say my hard drive. The point is, either I get me a new one or improve the one that I currently have.
I'm sure that the IT guy will definitely recommend and fix such things on your laptop.

But common causes if laptop dying, (as in crashes, slow boot, slower performance)

Hardware:
- Dust issue
- Board Heating issue, fan, supply area, or entire board due to weak IC, due to low power via Adopter or incompatible adopter.
- Faulty RAM.
- Bad sector in HDD.
- Incompatibility with running OS/Programs/Drivers.

Software:
- OS is not compatible with your laptop. (must meet with requirements)
- OS outdated, not updated.
- Drivers Incompatibility including Programs.

Easy Fix: Before you go buy anything to replace. (Just give it a try and you will see the difference)
- Ask any IT expert near you I mean any market/shop near you to make a good Service for your laptop. they will fix everything including clean install compatibility OS/Drivers.

I'm not an IT guy but I have fixed too may laps/pc already. peoples are witnesses. LOL :P Cheers!

Post liked by - FUNKSW:_male:
FUNKSW:_male:Posted at 2019-07-03 01:59:58(251Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

RedBaron58 wrote:

If it is your hard drive on the way out, it might be worth considering a Samsung EVO SSD,  5 year warranty and no moving parts,
they no as expensive as they used to be :)
TY, I will check if in hell, I mean, my homeland (Nicaragua) I can find such thing.

SAM wrote:

Easy Fix: Before you go buy anything to replace. (Just give it a try and you will see the difference)
- Ask any IT expert near you I mean any market/shop near you to make a good Service for your laptop. they will fix everything including clean install compatibility OS/Drivers.
Ty. Yeah it's true. I'm not an IT guy either but I can speak from experience that somethings can be fix with all the suggestions provided above. So thanks again and yeah, I will definitely give her more chances since, this laptop is the one that started my glorious career as a youtuber 8o

With that being said, once again, TY all :love

Edit: just gave credit back to SAM for his comment

Last edited by RedBaron58 on 2019-07-03 02:07:41

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:

Sitefriends