A Petition to remove the Galaxy Fence

Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-09-12 18:12:06(32Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4255
Uploads: 0

veryCoolGuy wrote:

Why not use Cloudflare as DDoS/bot protection? It works well and for example RARBG was using it.
Also GalaxyFence is killing all radarr/sonarr setups, because it's constantly unavailable :_:(
Even on rarbg I ran into a capcha..
It doesn't matter what you use..
Each and every ddos protection has its flaws and every Site chooses what they deem right.
We all run into it guests, members, uploaders and staff.
When logging in, searching for torrents.
I know how annoying it is and I don't like it either but it's here and here to stay.
I rather have to fill it in a 1000 times a day then having to hope and pray that I'm able to access the site.

Post liked by - groan1234, Garthock:_moderator:, LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, XannyFamily:_verified_uploader::_junkie::_turtle:, Soup:_trusted_user:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, miok:_admin:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
veryCoolGuyPosted at 2023-09-12 20:50:06(32Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 0
Uploads: 11

Mafketel wrote:

veryCoolGuy wrote:

Why not use Cloudflare as DDoS/bot protection? It works well and for example RARBG was using it.
Also GalaxyFence is killing all radarr/sonarr setups, because it's constantly unavailable :_:(
Even on rarbg I ran into a capcha..
It doesn't matter what you use..
Each and every ddos protection has its flaws and every Site chooses what they deem right.
We all run into it guests, members, uploaders and staff.
When logging in, searching for torrents.
I know how annoying it is and I don't like it either but it's here and here to stay.
I rather have to fill it in a 1000 times a day then having to hope and pray that I'm able to access the site.
1337x is also using CloudFlare and there is no captcha, so I think it's possible.
On RARBG you could ran into a captcha only if you were using VPN (and sometimes adblocks), but API requests were never disturbed by captcha.

Post liked by - SilentSword:_kitty:, 34hjm2n, LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2023-09-13 04:20:33(32Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 842
Uploads: 6635

Mafketel wrote:

I realise thats an exageration, by you, but even 10 times a day would very quickly become tiresome, even to those who believe its doing anything useful.

Its not stopping ddos attacks, they have to be intercepted before you even reach the site.
DDOS is designed to overwhelm a site by flooding it with requests, it doesnt care what the site responds with.
Most are SYN or UDP floods, not even designed (or intended) to load an actual page, but to simply kill the server.

How is serving up a fence page instead of a login page helping ?
Defenders keep repeating what they are told - that its "protecting the site" but no one can actually tell you how its doing that.
You can at least point to stopping searches and say its putting less strain on the server if someone is attempting a large number, but at the same time, its denying users what they wanted to do, so you have perfromed your own Denial of Service on them anyway.

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:
XannyFamily:_verified_uploader::_junkie::_turtle:Posted at 2023-09-13 05:21:56(32Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 21
Uploads: 331

battlestar wrote:

Mafketel wrote:

I realise thats an exageration, by you, but even 10 times a day would very quickly become tiresome, even to those who believe its doing anything useful.

Its not stopping ddos attacks, they have to be intercepted before you even reach the site.
DDOS is designed to overwhelm a site by flooding it with requests, it doesnt care what the site responds with.
Most are SYN or UDP floods, not even designed (or intended) to load an actual page, but to simply kill the server.

How is serving up a fence page instead of a login page helping ?
Defenders keep repeating what they are told - that its "protecting the site" but no one can actually tell you how its doing that.
You can at least point to stopping searches and say its putting less strain on the server if someone is attempting a large number, but at the same time, its denying users what they wanted to do, so you have perfromed your own Denial of Service on them anyway.
If I had to guess (I've not run any tests as I only rarely come across the fence despite using a VPN 24/7) I would assume the captcha page is served up by a separate server or CDN, or at least some kind of separate load balancer, so it takes traffic that sets off warning signs and redirects it to a separate website unless it can pass the captcha and prove it is human.

A lot of sites and CDNs do the exact same thing. Cloudflare is absolutely included, I use it for some of my own sites and depending on the config it makes you pass a captcha before you can access the site if you use any VPN at all. And even if you configure it to be lax, it still does the same 99% of the time you visit the site via Tor unless there's also an onion URL provided - obviously, those don't go through Cloudflare.

Out of curiosity, since I have Tor Browser open already I browsed TG's onion for a bit and had no gate or captchas at all. Not long enough to be conclusive but it's worth a shot if you get it often on the clearnet. Main rule is don't keep multiple TG tabs open, Tor sites always hit you with a captcha for doing that.

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
Gershy13Posted at 2023-09-21 16:22:41(31Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Im having this issue too. Not using a VPN or anything. Just constant captchas. My main use is Sonarr/Radarr through Prowlarr, however it does not work reliably because of the captchas failing and galaxyfence just stopping it from working. Anyone got any fixes for Sonarr?

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:
RedbullPosted at 2023-09-22 21:15:26(31Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Gershy13 wrote:

Im having this issue too. Not using a VPN or anything. Just constant captchas. My main use is Sonarr/Radarr through Prowlarr, however it does not work reliably because of the captchas failing and galaxyfence just stopping it from working. Anyone got any fixes for Sonarr?
I use sonarr/radarr but I use jacket instead of prowlarr. I have all traffic going through a socks 4 and it seems to be ok but it does act up on certain ips so maybe you can try switching ips and see how it goes. On protonvpn there are some usa ones that seem to work out ok also it is the free ones that are working with sonarr radarr etc.

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
ModuRazielPosted at 2023-10-12 17:07:12(28Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

GalaxyFence is cancer and needs to be erased

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-10-12 20:46:57(28Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG

ModuRaziel wrote:

GalaxyFence is cancer and needs to be erased
Unfortunately there is still no cure for cancer.
So until then... Just jump the fence...

Post liked by - Deep61:_moderator:, R34P3R:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:, LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, miok:_admin:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, xJOHNNYx:_blocked:, Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, NatalieNY:_trusted_user::_female:
bobbypantsPosted at 2023-10-15 22:15:09(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

it's annoying but not as bad as g00gles ffs I had to do like 20 motorcycle squares just to search so gave up and used brave search instead. Must be my vpn.

Post liked by - LiberalLesbo:_trusted_user::_female::_boob::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:Posted at 2023-10-17 20:18:22(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 1305
Uploads: 150

Most sites have some kind of barrier or fence and captcha is common. I don't think that's the problem, I think it's that it's very annoying and infuriating the method used here. Because you are deliberately distorting and hiding characters, they are hard to see and we have to try and make sure we understand them. You put punctuation marks between characters, but when we type it into the captcha, it comes out wrong. Once a character appeared that was not on my keyboard. Maybe it was a micron character, maybe it was a Greek small letter.

Maybe it would be best to start with only once fence and captcha. But forget this captcha. Put another one here, one that's easier to solve. It would be better to choose something more playful captcha. You could even use thematic images. Or we could put a puzzle piece in its place. Or you could make a completely new version. Because I sure not going to fill out these ones.

So far I've only filled out your captcha once, because it exploded in my face after I push the start upload button and didn't save my torrent description. It is very silly thing to bother already logged in members and uploaders with fence and captcha.

Soup:_trusted_user:Posted at 2023-10-17 20:38:59(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 489
Uploads: 76

Image error

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-10-17 20:40:44(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG

Before you start entering the captcha....
Enlarge the screen... Helps me always on my phone...
Probably will work on pc as well... 🤣 🤣 🤣
Or it's my age that is a advantage here... 🤣 🤣
The older the better... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, groan1234, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-10-17 20:41:29(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG

Soup wrote:

Image error
That's not the galaxy fence...
But the arse fence... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, imonline:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Soup:_trusted_user:Posted at 2023-10-17 20:52:12(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 489
Uploads: 76

Mafketel wrote:

Soup wrote:

Image error
That's not the galaxy fence...
But the arse fence... 🤣 🤣 🤣
Image error

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Garthock:_moderator:, Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2023-10-18 01:28:44(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 715

I find that when entering the captcha on my phone,that my phone auto capitalizes the first letter and puts it into cahoots .

The fence just plays hard to get with me sometimes :_:-@ :_love

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
Garthock:_moderator:Posted at 2023-10-18 01:50:50(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3605
Uploads: 218

Soup wrote:

Image error
:_facepalm:_facepalm:_facepalm

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, SpankGirl:_trusted_user::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2023-10-18 14:35:46(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2250
Uploads: 158

Just had the fence try it's thang on my way in:_facepalm:_facepalm...change ip and report etc:_facepalm:_facepalm....told it to foook off and barged through it:_:-*...it wont be doing that again soon:_:-):_:-):_:-)

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, miok:_admin:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Barharmar:_trusted_user::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-10-18 15:45:51(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG

B4ND1T69 wrote:

Just had the fence try it's thang on my way in:_facepalm:_facepalm...change ip and report etc:_facepalm:_facepalm....told it to foook off and barged through it:_:-*...it wont be doing that again soon:_:-):_:-):_:-)
Image error

Not your best side... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:, miok:_admin:, B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:Posted at 2023-10-18 17:56:52(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 655

Soup wrote:

Image error
It needs Anti-itch cream ?

Some popular brands include Benadryl, Hydrocortisone Cream, and Caladryl :_O:-D :_love

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, miok:_admin:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2023-10-18 18:00:50(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG

Dronska wrote:

Soup wrote:

Image error
It needs Anti-itch cream ?

Some popular brands include Benadryl, Hydrocortisone Cream, and Caladryl :_O:-D :_love
Better save some for B4ND1T69:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:...
He'll probably have some rash from crashing the fence...:_:P

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, miok:_admin:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:
bakturk:_male::_turtle:Posted at 2023-10-18 19:13:50(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 12

Today I get this message when I enter captcha:
"Please report this error.
For now, please change IP to pass the GalaxyFence"
Any captcha I write it says same and I can't browse througt the forum.
Does anybody have problems with that??

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:
1stGenDude:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2023-10-18 19:22:41(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 159

The Fence is there to protect us and the site.. Ok it´s not fun but.. good protection. (Not signing it!!!)

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:
OneApi:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2023-10-18 19:25:45(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 610

No, no problem :_facepalm

bigboy12:_moderator::_male:Posted at 2023-10-18 19:27:03(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
The Axeman
Reppoints: 9071

bakturk wrote:

Today I get this message when I enter captcha:
"Please report this error.
For now, please change IP to pass the GalaxyFence"
Any captcha I write it says same and I can't browse througt the forum.
Does anybody have problems with that??

1stGenDude wrote:

The Fence is there to protect us and the site.. Ok it´s not fun but.. good protection. (Not signing it!!!)
If you are using an add blocker turn it off.You don't need any when on TGx.That may be a help.
We all get the captchas & yes they are a pain to protect the site they are needed.

Post liked by - LionElBunny:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Dronska:_trusted_user::_male::_junkie::_kitty::_sun:
bakturk:_male::_turtle:Posted at 2023-10-18 19:56:38(27Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 12

I am not use any add blocker. First captha today was OK, I entered it and no error,but second and after that I get errors. Before I never get this errors, I enter captcha and no errors...

Sitefriends