Changing Trackers of Uploaded Torrent(s)

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-08 07:41:50(311Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 3126
Uploads: 0

Replace, add or remove trackers with 3 different methods

If for some reason you need to replace, add or remove trackers you can do it without deleting and re-upload your torrent on Torrent Galaxy. You can even do it with all your torrents here.
In this tutorial 3 methods will be described:
  • Changing the trackers of one torrent through uTorrent.
  • Changing the trackers of one torrent online through BitTorrent.torrent
  • Changing the trackers of multiple torrents with BitTorrent Tracker Editor

Note: Changing the trackers on your torrent or torrents will not change the trackers displayed here on site. It will only change the trackers in your BitTorrent client

Last edited by Angelina on 2019-04-05 18:57:55

•  
    Post liked by - HakataRamen:_trial_uploader:, logi:_trusted_uploader::_kitty::_turtle:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, AlexZZ89:_male:, mickjapa108:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_turtle:
    Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-08 07:42:24(311Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Changing trackers of one torrent on uTorrent:
    1.  First stop the torrent running. Click with the right mouse button on the torrent and select "Stop".

Image error

2. Again click with the right mouse button on the name of the torrent and select "Properties".

Image error

3. A window will pop up with the trackers of your torrent.

Image error

4. Replace/remove/add the trackers you want. Make sure to leave an empty line between the trackers. Done? Click on "OK".

Image error

Your trackers are now update on uTorrent. Here you can see the old trackers on the torrent I used in the tutorial:

Image error

And the ones I replaced with:

Image error

Start seeding with updated trackers
    1. Download the torrent from your torrent page.

2. Copy and paste the .torrent file to the folder where you store all your .torrent files.

3. Double click on the .torrent file in the folder to open it in uTorrent. You will get a warning. Click on "Yes".

Image error

4. Stop the torrent again. Click right on the name of the torrent and choose "Force Re-Check".

Image error

5. Start your torrent and your torrent is now seeding with the new trackers.

Last edited by ROBBREDD on 2018-05-23 02:30:38

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, mickjapa108:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_turtle:
    Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-08 07:43:00(311Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

As TorrentEditor is giving Ajax errors, here's another way to change the trackers of an already uploaded torrent online.

Changing trackers of one torrent on BitTorrent.torrent

Changing trackers of one torrent on BitTorrent.torrent:
    1. Go to http://rosinstrument.com/cgi-bin/pte.pl

Image error

2. Click on “Choose file” and select your .torrent file.

Image error

3. Now click on “Load torrent to edit!”.

Image error

4. You will be taken to a page where the info of your torrent is displayed.

Image error

5. Scroll down to the "announce-list".

Image error

6. Delete all trackers on the torrent.

Image error

7. Copy the new trackers into the "announce-list". You can use our up-to-date tracker list. Add one tracker per line and a maximum of 15 trackers.

Image error

8. Scroll all the way down and check the option "download the changed .torrent file".  Now click on "Change!" to download the updated .torrent file.

Image error

9. Replace the old .torrent file with the new .torrent file is in the correct folder.

Image error

10. Now double click on the new .torrent file to update the trackers in your BitTorrent client. You get the question below. Click on yes to start seeding the edited torrent with the new trackers.

Image error

torrenteditor.com

Last edited by Angelina on 2019-04-05 18:57:03

Post liked by - nagar60925:_female:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, gheTTo:_trusted_user::_junkie:
    Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-08 07:43:44(311Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Changing trackers of multiple torrents on BitTorrent Tracker Editor:

Go to GitHub to download the program. Install it and run it.

1. Open BitTorrent Tracker Editor.

Image error

2. Go to “File”, “Open multiple torrent files inside one folder”.

Image error

3. Select the folder with your .torrent files.

Image error

4. You will now see a screen with in the bottom parts all trackers on all torrents in the folder.

Image error

Complete new tracker list
    5. If you want to give your torrents a complete new tracker list, you can delete all current trackers. Go to “Trackers” and then “Delete all the present trackers”.

Image error

6. Copy your new trackerlist (maximum of 15) into the box.

Image error

Check and edit current trackerlist
    5. You can delete all but the stable trackers by choosing “Delete DEAD trackers” from the “Trackers” menu.

Image error

BitTorrent Tracker Editor will check on Newtrackon which trackers are stable and remove all other ones.

Image error

6. Go through your list and make sure you have a maximum of 15 trackers selected.

Image error

If you don’t have 15 stable trackers you can add some extra into the box.

Image error

Next step for both methods
    7. Go to “Update torrent” and select “Insert new tracker BEFORE …”, then “And remove possible duplicated trackers from the NEW tracker list”.

Image error

8. Click “Yes” on the pop-up window.

Image error

9. Click on “Ok” in the pop-up window.

Image error

When you now check your folder with .torrent files you will see all files now have the current timestamp.

Image error

10. Now update all torrents in your BitTorrent client by clicking on them and update the trackers to start seeding with the new trackerlist.

Image error

Last edited by Angelina on 2018-10-27 17:37:36

Post liked by - nagar60925:_female:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, miok:_admin:, analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:
    fiveofseven:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_junkie:Posted at 2018-04-15 19:57:06(310Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 40
    Uploads: 176

BitTorrent Tracker Editor is great when you need to upload your old stuff, but with newer trackers. I highly approve.

Post liked by - Mazemaze16:_trusted_user::_male:, QueenB:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:
    ComGetMe:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-20 23:25:02(309Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 980
    Uploads: 1169

that's all well and good but I use Bittorrent 7.something so I add trackers after the fact. how would I switch all my torrents from multiple drives to an updated Bittorrent?

Last edited by ComGetMe on 2018-04-20 23:27:51

ComGetMe:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-20 23:35:38(309Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I know how to change trackers but if I wanted to change bittorrent to a newer version what would I have to do to retain the files I've already uploaded?

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-21 06:55:39(309Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

You can't switch to a different torrent client like uTorrent or your torrent client won't be able to find your files as they are located in different places and not one.

But if you update BitTorrent itself it will keep the torrents and know where they are stored on your multriple saving locations. You then are just going to a newer version and not installing a completely different torrent client.

Post liked by - gerald99:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
    ComGetMe:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-26 06:30:26(309Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

This has to be one of the best threads ever
    I've been just copy and pasting the trackers when I'm in the choose directory window... simple enough...
    but I've always wanted to know how to do a lot of files at one time but didn't want look like a noob for asking in chat.
    now that we've gotten past that can you tell me how to upload bulk torrents to the site and not have to go through the list individually.
    They are spread out on multiple drives if that makes a difference?     ;)

cheers!

Last edited by ComGetMe on 2018-04-26 06:33:47

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-26 07:06:14(309Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

As far as I know we don't have an option for bulk upload on site, but I am going to find it out for you. I'll get back to you about it.

ComGetMe:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-26 16:03:50(308Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I just assumed there might be a way as there was an instance of flooding on ettv where they uploaded 2789 torrents in a row in one day... I'm sure someone didn't do that 1 at a time. thanks for looking into it for me

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-04-26 16:46:40(308Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

We don't have a bulkupload option here.

There's API on Torrent Galaxy. You could set up API for an automated upload of a bulk of your torrents. How that exactly works I don't know as I only know how to upload through a torrent client. But if you are interested in API please pm me so I can see if there's someone here to help you with getting API sorted.

Last edited by Angelina on 2018-04-26 16:48:03

zeke23:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2018-04-26 16:53:12(308Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 1385
    Uploads: 1449

Angelina wrote:

We don't have a bulkupload option here.

There's API on Torrent Galaxy. You could set up API for an automated upload of a bulk of your torrents. How that exactly works I don't know as I only know how to upload through a torrent client. But if you are interested in API please pm me so I can see if there's someone here to help you with getting API sorted.
    your right it will work just fine

ComGetMe:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_turtle:Posted at 2018-05-17 17:23:23(305Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

not sure if I should ask here... but is there a way to change the default trackers within my bittorrent client?

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-05-17 20:08:18(305Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

You are on BitTorrent ComGetMe?

ComGetMe:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_turtle:Posted at 2018-05-25 22:42:51(304Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

sry late reply but yes I'm running bittorrent 7.1 and yes it's an old version but I hate the ads and just haven't  felt like hacking it advanced settings to stop it. plus I don't trust me updating it without screwing something up [I seem to be prone to that] and losing all my torrents :)

Last edited by ComGetMe on 2018-05-25 22:45:50

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-05-26 09:52:59(304Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

I'll look into it ComGetMe and will get back to you.

Angelina:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-05-27 14:23:41(304Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

ComGetMe wrote:

not sure if I should ask here... but is there a way to change the default trackers within my bittorrent client?
    I use uTorrent myself, but just tested for you on BitTorrent.
    If you want new default trackers for all your new torrents you can do it like this (hope it works the same on an old version):
    Create your new torrent:
    Image error

Then when you create your torrent you replace the trackers in the box before clicking on "Create".

Image error

The torrents you create after that will have the new trackers.

Existing torrents:
    Select all torrents you are seeding in your BitTorrent. And click with the right mouse button on one of the selected torrents. Now chose "Properties".

Image error

Change the trackers in the box and click on "Ok".

Image error

All the old torrents now also have new trackers. You might have to click on "Update trackers" to start seeding with the trackers.

Last edited by Angelina on 2018-05-27 15:11:08

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:
    mickjapa108:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_turtle:Posted at 2018-06-15 14:11:37(301Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 230
    Uploads: 178

Here's  another, Torrent File Editor This one is from  SourceForge
    & it lets you get right into the .torrent file for editing Files,Trackers,titles,any text
    all this while keeping the original #No:  its the best iv'e found so far.
    Hope this embellishes Angelina's thread,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/torrent-file-editor/

Pranaans.

Last edited by mickjapa108 on 2018-06-15 14:12:29

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
    analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2018-11-10 21:25:06(280Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 185
    Uploads: 883

I had not heard of this editor (BitTorrent Tracker Editor)  before thankx

Last edited by analogkid6103 on 2018-11-10 21:30:24

bribiewayne:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:Posted at 2018-12-12 07:03:01(276Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 70
    Uploads: 2326

Angelina Thank you for a wonderful tutorial. I shall no doubt get the results I seek.
    Again, Thanks and take care, Wayne

battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2018-12-12 19:45:23(276Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 847
    Uploads: 6586

Just a note of warning.

Changing trackers in your client will only affect you.
    It will not update the data at TGx so anyone downloading the torrent file from here will still get the old trackers.

It will also not affect anyone else who is downloading or seeding the torrent already.
    Make sure you have DHT, PEX, LPD etc enabled in your client - as this will help peers find you regardless of trackers.

Post liked by - oneanight:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
    analogkid6103:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2019-01-20 19:50:31(270Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 185
    Uploads: 883

Quote:

Note: Changing the trackers on your torrent or torrents will not change the trackers displayed here on site. It will only change the trackers in your BitTorrent client
    How to change trackers displayed here thats what I need to know.  Or must I delete and reup?  
    In old KAT there was a way to do it but that was long ago and is not relevant  here

Last edited by battlestar on 2019-01-21 02:28:35

Post liked by - Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend:
    LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend:Posted at 2019-01-20 19:53:09(270Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 880

At the minute it's a delete and re-upload thing but we are currently working on something regarding torrent editing so fingers crossed and lets see :)

Post liked by - nagar60925:_female:, mickjapa108:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
    Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2019-01-20 22:02:33(270Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
    Reppoints: 840
    Uploads: 4931

analogkid6103 wrote:

How to change trackers displayed here thats what I need to know.  Or must I delete and reup?  
    In old KAT there was a way to do it but that was long ago and is not relevant  here
    Yes, That was one great option to replace the .torrent file after adding new changes.
    Visit torrent page > Edit Torrent > At .torrent box > Click > Browse > And replace previous .torrent file with new one.

I'm sure, TGx will definitely look forward to Built-in Tracker editor, so Staff can use it to add/remove trackers on uploaders request else uploaders can use it from the panel.

LRS:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend: You already mentioned > fingers crossed that means something definitely coming soon. :)

Post liked by - nagar60925:_female:

Sitefriends

User Art

To submit your artwork, follow this link.