PC Case: Help me find good one?

realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2022-10-02 13:28:04(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 390
Uploads: 0

Hi folks,
i`m thinking about new pc soon, and i really want this (near) dustproof HEPA filtered PC case:
Image error
https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/computer-chassis/MM01/
Yes i know it very ugly and extremly large. If anyone knows of someone who sells let me know via pm, i`ve searched the net but seems to be out of stock or end of life. it was released 2016-2020, the makers` website still has it listed, but they dont seem to have a checkout on their hompage. Perhaps you have come across one locally or an obscure outlet. I dont know why there dont make more cases like this that catch dust with a HEPA filter, sounds genius to me.
Otherwise what would be a good alternative?
I was thinking if someone could 3D print one, and use some vaccum cleaner Hepa filters, but would need huge fan rpm to generate good flow. Anyways just a thought, perhaps it is overkill. I`m considering for a ryzen 7950x cpu and tho they get upto 95C in temp i still prefer passive cpu cooling heatsink with huge aluminium fins, tho probably would need to be liquid cooled.
Also ideally i`d like a front easily access 5.25" bay to hot swap boot drives.
Any suggestions postive or negative are welcome. Thxs

phunpsyz:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_junkie::_sun:Posted at 2022-10-02 15:08:41(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 105
Uploads: 1405

it is ugly, but who cares if its all about performance

but I would suggest building it inside out with the case matching the needs of the setup bc MBs, cpu and (assuming) graphics card placement, orientation, or the ability to fit the components in may factor into the case selection

using a heatsink with fan to cool, I would recommend a minimum fan size of 120mm push/pull setup with good static pressure.  The TPW of the cpu is 170w which will create some heat and if this system is stressed for a decent period of time, it will heat a room.  And this is not considering heat from a graphics card

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:
RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2022-10-02 15:13:54(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2090
Uploads: 303

You might want to consider a "Be Quiet" case, I built my machine using a  SILENT BASE 600 Window Orange

Image error

I have a Ryzen 7 5800X which also runs a bit warm, after originally picking a heat sink that did not do the job
I went for a Scythe FUMA 2 Rev. B CPU Air Cooler 2x 120mm Fans

Image error

The other alternative is water cooled with these processors

Post liked by - R34P3R:_trusted_uploader::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:
realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2022-10-02 16:54:01(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

phunpsyz wrote:

it is ugly, but who cares if its all about performance

but I would suggest building it inside out with the case matching the needs of the setup bc MBs, cpu and (assuming) graphics card placement, orientation, or the ability to fit the components in may factor into the case selection

using a heatsink with fan to cool, I would recommend a minimum fan size of 120mm push/pull setup with good static pressure.  The TPW of the cpu is 170w which will create some heat and if this system is stressed for a decent period of time, it will heat a room.  And this is not considering heat from a graphics card
Was reading this article about positive/negative pressure
https://www.overclockers.com/dust-prevention-positive-pressure-negative-pressure-does-it-really-matter/#Conclusion
Dang we need HEPA Filter cases, or least good filters. With all this airflow we just cannot escape from dust. I did one time come across a refrigerated  cooler like the Pharmonic HEX. Cleaning the inside of a PC is a bit of a chore. Especially when dust gets stuck hard onto graphics card fan blades. + in most cases the PSU fan which i dont think can be gotten to at all. I lost my seasonic PSU to dust, but that was mainly because my old pc was in a cheap case and the side panel handle broke, i had to point a regular desktop fan unfiltered directly onto the motherboard etc so lots and lots of dust would get in. luckliy my old CPU cooler loved the desktop fan.
Image error

This is my old  CPU cooler from my 12 year old PC, totally fanless, (relies on case fans of which my old ones were 120mm) but its huge, so big it extends the whole width of the case almost, did an excellent job of cooling my 1st gen core-i7 ideally i would love to put it into a new PC but wont be appropriate as the new AM5 chips have a larger surface area+ they dont make AM5 brackets for it.

RedBaron58 wrote:

You might want to consider a "Be Quiet" case, I built my machine using a  SILENT BASE 600 Window Orange
I have a Ryzen 7 5800X which also runs a bit warm, after originally picking a heat sink that did not do the job
I went for a Scythe FUMA 2 Rev. B CPU Air Cooler 2x 120mm Fans
The other alternative is water cooled with these processors
Thxs i looked up your case looks nice 140mm fans at front, nice design, I like the door that opens to reveal the drive bays, alot of these new cases dont provide bays any more it seems which is a shame. I like you cooler, i do love those aluminium fin designs.

The new RTX graphics cards look as tho they will generate alot of heat drawing upto 600watts or more underload. An interesting video i watched online was about how the RTX 4090 will be using PSU ATX 3.0 which will communicate directly with the GPU via a new connector as to how much power the system needs. The video warns tho that the cables connecting from PSU to GPU could be a fire hazzard (mostly for those using power from the same rail on the older PSU`s), but then also says there have been cables been melted, and proceeds to tell us how fragile these new GPU to PSU cables are saying that they must be thrown away after 30 cycles of unplugging and unplugging. IF u have to get inside and clean your graphics card at some point, u are mostly likely gonna have to disconnect the cable to remove the card to clean the dust many times. Yikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrWTirqe-iU

Chances are i`m never gonna find the initial case i wanted, so may have to find a normal case; Of which I like your case design i`ve added it my list of potential pc cases + it supports room for liquid cooling :_:)

Post liked by - phunpsyz:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_junkie::_sun:
phunpsyz:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_junkie::_sun:Posted at 2022-10-03 00:01:38(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

whats the ideal usage for the build, other than taking out loans to pay the electric bill?  I prefer a negative pressure setup

also, still using these with some fans strapped to them

realityshow wrote:

Image error

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:
realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2022-10-03 02:04:15(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

phunpsyz wrote:

whats the ideal usage for the build, other than taking out loans to pay the electric bill?  I prefer a negative pressure setup
also, still using these with some fans strapped to them
Ah yeh, well the cooler i had/have is a Prolimatech Megahalems it was maybe one of the 1st one out there 12 years ago it`s a work of art, now many years later alot of manufacturers have adopted similar designs tho much smaller with fans. At the time of building my 1st gen core i7 i was looking for a energy efficient gaming rig and it was; turning out great compared to the other monster rigs back then. Still using it now for 1080p gaming tho now i have a steam deck so will is my new energy efficient PC for games (with use of dock for hdmi out, lan, usb 3.0 etc)(tho still waiting on the 3rd party dock to arrive in the post)

The ryzen 7950x tho may have a 170w TDP can be adjusted either thu bios or thru AMD`s recent update to their app: Ryzen master for a 1 click soluton to reduce the TDP down to 60w. Tho will impact performance but does not affect gaming (supposedly)

Uptil now i`ve never had a decent PC for fast encoding as i`ve put off buying/building a new PC for 12 years! I would like to say that i hope this 7950x will last me another 12 years but i`m skeptical as i suspect over the next few years we will see better CPU`s and graphics cards (hopefully) using much less energy. And ideally i want monster performance for less electricity however I dont think i can put it off any longer, even with the 7950x3D expected to arrive in January.

The usage for this new build, will firstly be to encode and upscale all my old DVD series to 1080p or even 4k but i dont own a 4k tv or monitor just yet. As much as i`d like to get 4k display and download some content;the file sizes that some uploaders are doing are huge. I am amazed at those folks who will dedicate 4 to 8gb of bandwidth & drive space just to download 1 tv episode from the 4k section of this site for which as u would expect loses seeders pretty quickly. Whilst i dont know if i will be succesful i would like to experiment with h.266 VVC which demands high processing power and should improve on H.265 by around 30% less bitrate (supposedly).
https://github.com/fraunhoferhhi/vvenc
I know its not widley supported due to licencing issues et;, with even basic media players not even being able to play it`s content but there are workarounds  for that.
Even if i try H.265 i have seen some uploaders (not many) doing 4k TV episodes using between 800mb to 1gb file sizes so iam hopeful to see better file sizes from myself and others in the future?
Gaming is not a concern as 1080p on the steamdeck should be fine, but as for a powerful GPU my other hobby i wish to get into is making some DeepFake naughty vids:_facepalm:_eggplant:_ass:_help:_boom

phunpsyz:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_junkie::_sun:Posted at 2022-10-03 03:54:44(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

realityshow wrote:

my other hobby i wish to get into is making some DeepFake naughty vids:_facepalm:_eggplant:_ass:_help:_boom
my apologies everyone, I asked a prying question

Post liked by - realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:
realityshow:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:Posted at 2022-10-03 04:49:11(80Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

phunpsyz wrote:

my apologies everyone, I asked a prying question
Did i mention that the Silverstone MM01 case i am wanting is (cough) em...Splashproof :_:o)
Here`s a more indepth look at the PC Case, The front 2x fans inside are 180mm each.

Post liked by - ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:

Sitefriends