Life sucks !!

jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 20:34:55(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 6618
Uploads: 0

2 weeks ago Fire and Police were here at another condo here. We didn't know what was it about.

I was just outside getting the mail and ran into another neighbor who ask me have you heard what happened and I said no, what?

He said the guy in that condo was found dead by the Police after one of his out of town relative reported haven't heard from him for 2 weeks.

I know that guy. When he moved here 4 years ago I saw him and his girlfriend struggling to get a mattress upstairs to their 3rd floor unit.

Then a year ago he came and asked me to help him move to the unit he was found dead in. He broke up with his girlfriend and they were in a larger condo with higher rent.

Another time I was walking from my car to our unit and I picked up a wallet in the parking lot and it was his. I did return it with everything in it. It was end of month and it had his rent and paycheck in cash. Then when my car was in the shop I had to use Uber for a week. Several times I called Uber it went to him, being he had the Uber phone on and he was closest.

I just saw him recently walking his dog and he waved at me and I waved back and he asked how I was doing and I said fine, how about you? He said great.

He had a very fancy and expensive bike he kept outside on the balcony and sometimes I would see him riding it down the street to go to the store instead of driving his car.

Neighbor I spoke with have no idea what he died from.

Post liked by - Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:Posted at 2021-04-21 22:03:40(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Galaxy OG
Reppoints: 4245

Jeez...

I have to disagree with the title...

Life can be cruel, hard, unfair, mean, sad but it gives also joy, love, happiness.
We all know that the good and caring die first, which has been proven again with the passing of your neighbour. The assholes seem to live forever..
But to say life sucks...  maybe
, looking at my kids and see them discovering life... I have to say no

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, miok:_admin:, RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:
jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 22:30:00(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

The HOA rep here just told me he was there when the Police had someone brought him down on a stretcher and he also said there were folks in white hazmat suits bringing stuff down in bags.

Coronavirus?

The HOA guy also told me it will be available online for rent next week. I don't know if I want to live in there.

They have to tell anyone who is interested that someone just died there, don't they?

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
bigboy12:_moderator::_male:Posted at 2021-04-21 22:40:56(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
The Axeman
Reppoints: 8931

jaxe wrote:

The HOA rep here just told me he was there when the Police had someone brought him down on a stretcher and he also said there were folks in white hazmat suits bringing stuff down in bags.

Coronavirus?

The HOA guy also told me it will be available online for rent next week. I don't know if I want to live in there.

They have to tell anyone who is interested that someone just died there, don't they?
I would hope so especially if he did pass from covid.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
SevenT:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 22:57:24(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 374

Jaxe

Sorry to hear about that but COVID19 (and all its mutations) is an airborne virus. Surface transmission is less than a 1:10,000 risk.

If this chap died in his apartment where he lived alone there would be next to no chance of local transmission. He could have died from natural causes BUT in these days of "safety-first" it might be that the paramedics were just being careful.

I am wondering if the HOA guy actually knows what a hazmat suit really looks like or whether the guys were just wearing PPE gowns.

Real Hazmat suits look like space-suits!

No idea why they would be bring stuff down in bags (you never know perhaps drug-related evidence???)

As I said before the virus is airborne so as long as they clean the apartment thoroughly and open the windows for a while there should be no hazards to the future tenants of the unit.  

And... NO... they are not under any obligation to reveal the cause of death to anyone apart from relatives - unless of course it involves a crime.

Hope this helps put your mind at rest.

7T

Last edited by SevenT on 2021-04-21 22:57:57

Post liked by - jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 22:58:54(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

That's what the HOA guy told me. I have no idea. Good luck to whoever moves in there next.

Last edited by jaxe on 2021-04-21 23:01:22

Post liked by - bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
Superbikemike:_moderator::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 22:59:52(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 6906

nope not unless you ask for a direct yes or no answer....
then by law they have to disclose it or they can get in all kinds of trouble...

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:01:30(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

My friend said at least they found him, unlike this poor woman. WOW!

https://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/us/michigan-mummified-body-found/index.html

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, Thomaskhan:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:
sherb:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:14:42(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 2185
Uploads: 411

Just shows you, you never know what's around the corner. That's why we got to make the most it.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, bigboy12:_moderator::_male:, jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
SevenT:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:18:31(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Hmmm... SuperMike and BigBoy.... I am a Registered Nurse with some 43 years experience and have nursed in five countries and I can tell you emphatically that unless there is criminality involved patient (and deceased patient's) confidentiality about the circumstances of a death is sacrosanct - and can only be deviated from if there is some question about potential transmission.

Only the coroner can disclose such information - patient confidentiality overrides all.

Trust me - I have been nursing through the last 4 pandemics... SARS, H1N1, Swine Flu, HIV/AIDS and I can speak with some authority on this issue.

Instances like this will become an increasing occurrence since there are many old people (myself included) who live alone with no social contacts (especially now with the Ontario "shelter-in-place" order.)

If I croak no-one will know until someone complains about the smell of rotting flesh and the fact I haven't paid my rent for a couple of months.

It's sad but - hey... like it says "life sucks".... I'm not complaining or asking for sympathy.  

7T

Last edited by SevenT on 2021-04-21 23:23:07

Post liked by - bleuetoile:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Nic410, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:21:28(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

What was the hazmat suits for? Is that common for normal deaths?

SevenT:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:26:30(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Who said they were Hazmat suits??

Those suits have their own oxygen supply and are very bulky... usually deployed by the military (I did 3 years out in Germany with the Joint Armed Forces - so I have seen a few.)

If Hazmat suits were actually used the building would have been sealed off.

Probably just PPE - which would be the normal procedure these days for unexpected and sudden deaths.

7T

Last edited by SevenT on 2021-04-21 23:30:29

bigboy12:_moderator::_male:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:32:20(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
The Axeman
Reppoints: 8931

I am not arguing with you 7T all i did was state my opinion of what I thought was. Nothing else so no need to talk down to me or anyone else.

This will be my last post on this subject.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, PaladinNites:_vip::_trusted_user::_male:, jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:37:21(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

That's what the HOA guy told me he saw. I was not there. I am merely wondering if that's standard procedure when someone dies even if they died of natural causes.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:
SevenT:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:40:15(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Sorry BB in no way shape or form did I want to give the impression I was talking "down" to anybody - least of all yourself.

My manner of conversation may sometime appear curt because I tend to revert back to my "Officer" mode from my service days.

I merely wanted to explain my curriculum vitae in order to add some weight to my explanations and to try to reassure Jaxe.

There is so much nonsense being circulated by people who gained their medical 'nonce' from the interweb that I feel it necessary to qualify that I actually know a little bit more than "arm-chair experts" who are intent on fear-spreading.

Sorry if I came off wrong - I know I AM a prat - but I don't set out to be that intentionally  :_:(

7T

Post liked by - Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
battlestar:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie:Posted at 2021-04-21 23:48:32(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 847
Uploads: 6586

As far as I can see you didnt talk down to anyone, so I wouldnt worry about it. :_B)

Last edited by battlestar on 2021-04-21 23:48:43

Post liked by - Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
Prom3th3uS:_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-22 00:34:50(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 840
Uploads: 4931

Well said Mafketel:_super_admin::_male: Life is precious, it gives joy and happiness, the creations made by ourselves such as how easy we want it to be or how tough we are going to make it, troubles, matters, depends, etc!.

Someone said, Life is easy, we make it complicated, (Credit, unknown)

And, good peoples die first, bad peoples lives the most, good lives longer than bad, bad dies early and good dies afterward, afterward, whatever it is, living or die is a part of life,  there is nothing happening without a reason, in short, life doesn't suck, human being sucks the life (obviously misuses or wrong turns) :_facepalm

Tip for happy succeed life living: If you want to be one of them? Never depend on anyone, handle it, bear it, deal it, treat it but only on your own.

May God bless you all, your kids, my kids, our families & friendly, we are good peoples let's just seek and keeping willing for a good life and protect our loved ones no matter what it cost.

See ya folks around!

Post liked by - Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, ROBBREDD:_moderator::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_sun:, RedBaron58:_vip::_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover:, jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, PaladinNites:_vip::_trusted_user::_male:
Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:Posted at 2021-04-22 06:50:57(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 
Reppoints: 5800

May i just add i know that many these days to actually wear Hazmat suits because of the covid situation but also if any kind of  suspicious substance was found inside and this is due to their own safety.  

Its is indeed very sad and so sorry to hear about your neighbour jaxe :( my thoughts and prayers are with him

But i agree with Maf and others :) Life can be cruel but it can be so beautiful and precious :) Every day is a blessing for me knowing that i can make some ones life each day a little bit better and easier is the most amazing thing i can do. Making someone who is sick or sad smile is worth more than any amount of money in this world. So remember to wake up and think life is beautiful because after all even if your going through a bad day there are others who are going through worse :_love:_love:_love

Post liked by - jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Beowulf:_trusted_uploader::_sitefriend::_male::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:
jaxe:_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_male::_boob::_sitelover::_junkie::_kitty::_sun::_turtle:Posted at 2021-04-22 16:54:57(153Wks ago) Report Permalink URL 

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.

Post liked by - Ange1:_vip::_trusted_user::_sitefriend::_female::_sitelover::_sun:, Mafketel:_super_admin::_male:, Soup:_trusted_user:

Sitefriends

User Art

To submit your artwork, follow this link.